“YOU want to stay HERE!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
'The Den' with flat screen tv which acts as the second bedroom with double bed.
Open planned kitchen and dining area
The Chirriposa office with  views to the garden and to the river
Open planned downstairs out to terrace
Bathroom with sunken shower and view out to tropical orchid garden and cascade
View out the bathroom window of the tropical orchid garden and cascade
Terrace with a view of primary rainforest
Front of house
View of house at night from the garden under the full moon
Cascade and lilly pond by front entrance
View of front of house across the bridge and garden path
Red squirell caught in evening sunlight eating an orange infront of the house
Sunset over the orchard
Sunset over the coffee plantation
Garden and fruit orchard
Rio chirripó in front of house
The Tallari River
Jungle TV
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

BenRode
Concord, California
“YOU want to stay HERE!”
Reviewed 1 June 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Kubla Khan is absolutely heavenly! The view from the deck is spectacular beyond words, and the photos don't do it justice. Breathtaking really. This area is the most biodiverse place in CR. You'll see tons of colorful birds, variety of butterflies, fireflies at night, and maybe even some monkeys. The swimming hole was amazing too. The attention to detail at this place is impossible to describe. We were there for 2 weeks, still noticing things we hadn't yet seen.

At first we wanted to be somewhere closer to the airport, but we are SO glad our intuition told us to stay here. The drive was just gorgeous. Straight out of a travel magazine. Everything we needed was within a 30 minute drive, and would have been impossible to find somewhere more magical.

The home and the grounds are impeccable. The weather was perfect everyday, and we loved the rainstorms mid day. Angus and Tania were extremely helpful, accommodating, and welcoming. They even went shopping for us because we were there on a holiday and all the stores were going to be closed! We loved the chocolate lady and the delicious cheese place! I think we went to both places 7 times during our two week stay... Don't miss the hiking in the rainforest at Talamanca, the hot springs, the fish shop, and the incredible Monte Azul restaurant which are all very close by. We also loved the gorgeous Dominical beach, which is about a 2 hour drive but totally worth it... The water is crystal clear and very warm! This was the best vacation of our lives! We had a truly magical experience and didn't want to leave! We will definitely be coming back soon!

It was the perfect altitude, the perfect temperature, the perfect people, and the perfect everything else. Oh, and let me tell you a little secret............. If you invite Angus and Tania over for dinner (and cook them something nice), you get to pick their brains and learn all kinds of amazing things about Costa Rica that you'll be glad you learned. Not only did we have an amazing stay, but we made new friends for life.

Enjoy your stay. You made the right choice.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The perfection of the entire experience.
Liked least: That I had to leave...
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Dreamchaz...
“Heaven on earth”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

I absolutely loved this place! I was worried it wouldn't be as pretty as the pictures. It was even more beautiful. My one and only complaint would be the roads leading to the house and other local destinations. They are very scary. We left our car parked and used a driver that the owners put us in touch with. Angus & Tania were the best host. We spoke no Spanish and Angus did a lot of extra things as far as translation with locals for us. The views were amazing!! I can not tell you enough how much I enjoyed it. It was the rainy season and it rained a lot!!! I'm planning another trip already for December and I just got home yesterday.

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
NY
Reviewed 15 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Vienna - Austria
Reviewed 29 October 2013 for a stay in April 2013

A romantic getaway
Louisville KY USA
Reviewed 15 October 2013 for a stay in December 2012

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing