“Helpful Folks and Amazing Day in Panama”
Review of Willie's Tours CR

Willie's Tours CR
Ranked #6 of 9 things to do in Cahuita
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are an Ecological friendly Tour Operator Company in Costa Rica "Every Day is a Green Day!!". Our Highlight Services: Tortuguero Visit and Amazon Boat Trip with Transfers to San Jose, La Fortuna and Monteverde. Bocas del Toro Islands Visit and Transfers to Colon Islands, Volcano Trips with Transfers to San Jose, Snorkeling in Cahuita Coral Reef, Jungle Hike in Cahuita National Park, Bribri-Chocolate Indigenous Tour, Rafting In Rio Pacuare, Canopy and Jungle Hike, Yorking Bribri Indigenous Community Visit and many more.....
Reviewed 10 January 2018

We arrived in the dark to Cahuita, after a long, crazy drive from La Fortuna. Have you driven in Costa Rica yet? I was frazzled.... we landed on the doorstep of Willies Tours, unsure of where our VRBO house was, hungry, and seriously grumpy! The folks at Willies got us where we needed to go, and all with grace and patience. I can never thank them enough. Then later in the week we took their day trip to Panama and snorkeled and played in Boca del Toro.... wow, talk about beauty and fun and GREAT food and pretty fish and coral snorkeling.... The trip to Panama was run like a well oiled machine, with us being well cared for along the way. I highly recommend Willies for a thousand reasons. They care.

c31Cahuita_CostaRica, Manager at Willie's Tours CR, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thank you so much for visiting our country and our Beach Village, Cahuita and Cahuita National Park and thank you for your buisness.
Very warm regards,

in 30 reviews
"bribri"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Myself and partner booked to do snorkeling. We had no problems booking, price was good, staff were helpful. When they told us we couldn't do the activity because of conditions, we were so happy that they were being honest about it. We tried to do it again the next day but same thing. They told us all along we could get a full refund if it doesn't go ahead. When we tried to go and get a refund the manager made it quite difficult for us. He gave us a time to go 6-7pm in the evening. When we arrived a bit early staff said he wasn't there and they couldn't give us a refund themselves as they are not allowed to have any money in the store. This seems CRAZY to me! I explained that as it was our last couple of days we had almost no money left and didn't even have enough to get dinner without the refund. The staff were lovely, he called his boss and explained but nothing could be done. So we waited over an hour to receive our money back!! I was not happy waiting for my own money, when all I wanted was to go and have food and enjoy one of my last nights in Costa Rica. Please can you trust your staff or only take a deposit from customers, you can't take all the money and dictate when you give it back...

c31Cahuita_CostaRica, Manager at Willie's Tours CR, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

I am the manager of Willie's Tours CR and I personally want to apologize to this couple for such inconvenience.
They booked a snorkeling tour with us and it was cancelled twice due to rough water conditions and safety reasons. We stated from the day they bought the Tour that it would be 100% reimbursable if such activity was cancelled by us.
We exchanged Whatsapp numbers to keep them updated since I spend most of my time on the field (operating activities out of the office and town).
Due to our company policies, we do not leave cash overnight in the office since we are not a Cash Business (must clients pay with credit cards or wire transfers, paypal etc).
I had their cash with me to reimburse them, however I was not in the office for those two days, yet I had already told them through Whatsapp that I had their money and they could come to our office between 6 and 7 pm and they agreed. Nevertheless, they came back early in the morning and then later in the day. There was no cash in the office at all since must sales were paid with credit card.
I never had any intention to cause and problems, I thought $50 USD would not make any difference to be reimbursed later at 6pm, time when I got back to the office from field work.
It was a complete misunderstanding and I personally take responsibility for this inconvenience.
Note: All snorkeling sessions are 100% reimbursable only we cancel due to rough water conditions of bad weather, if clients cancel on their own, there is a 50% penalty.
Very best wishes,
Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Willie's tours organised our trip to Tortuguero, it was unforgettable thanks to all the super friendly and helpful drivers, captains and other people involved. Definitely great value for money I don't think we could have done any cheaper on our own without stress and losing time. I highly recommend this company. Very professional.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

We wanted to book several activities in the Cahuita-PuertoViejo-Manzanillo region but Willie's only had local (Cahuita) activities available. We ended only booking a snorkel tour wich was fantastic.