All reviews private garden garden of eden la plumeria private walk star room sister hotel pool area grand vista primavera restaurant beautiful walkway unlimited mimosas beach bar hot tub homemade jams beautiful hotel hotel includes egg bar
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

This was our honeymoon and was very pleased with your stay at Jardin Del Eden. Very nice staff all around especially at the restaurant where Mario was outstanding. Rooms were nice. Overall you can’t go wrong staying here. Right in the heart of the action on Tamarindo Beach. Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
MariaTDBR, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Jardin del Eden boutique hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear Chaiwat M,

First of all, congratulations on your honeymoon! What a better way to start your journey as husband and wife than to be in paradise!

Thank you for having taking the time to share your review with us and for mentioning the nice staff, especially Mario.

We cannot wait to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 15 April 2018

i very much enjoyed my stay at this lovely Hotel.
If ever i go back to Tamarindo i definitely will stay there again.
The staff is extremly friendly and helpful.
Rooms very clean and light.
Beautiful garden. Very good postion (near to everything).
Own nice section at the beach.
Good breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Singhanala,

Thanks for your amazing feedback after your stay with us and for sharing your positive experience to all TripAdvisor readers and travelers.

We much appreciate that you underline our privileged location. Our hotel is nestled on a little sidehill and at the same time we are positioned in the heart of Tamarindo town.

We cannot wait to welcoming you back again next time you visit Tamarindo, our Team will definitely be waiting for you!

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I took 8 days alone to totally indulge myself in relaxation including all of the beautiful surroundings, beach, and wonderful town of Tamarindo. The staff were accommodating and genuine. They made me feel comfortable, at ease, safe and well taken care of. The included breakfasts were truly amazing. The room was comfortable and quiet with beautiful views. I could not have asked for a better experience. I can’t wait to come back, next time with my spouse.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
MariaTDBR, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Jardin del Eden boutique hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write such nice feedback about your experience at Jardin Del Eden.

We are very happy to hear that our facilities and services met your expectations, and we truly hope to welcome you back in the near future with your spouse next time, till then wish you all the best!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Rooms -super clean and people so friendly. The chef is amazing. My family was surfing in Tamarindo but this hotel absolutely saved me. If you are thinking about going-GO.
The pool is beautiful and the walk to the beach is great. The beach bar is really nice and all the gardens are beautiful. Its a great location to surf and shop[.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear amytankard,

Thank you for having selected Jardin Del Eden and for having set aside some of your valuable time to share your review with us.

We much appreciate your words surrounding the service and the team here. Our staff strive to give our guests unforgettable experiences and your review is a positive reminder that they are doing a great job.

We look forward to welcoming you back again as our guests in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

This is a really a charming picturesque hotel right off the main boulevard in Tamarindo. My wife and I arrived on a busy Friday afternoon with barely functioning GPS. I didn't realize the main hotel entrance is actually off of a side road that runs parallel to the boulevard, so we had a minor issue locating the hotel. Once we found the entrance that leads to the pool (the same one others take to get to the beach garden) we found out where to park and the reception area. We were welcomed to a nice cold towel and sparkling wine upon check-in and then our beach adventure began.

Room: We opted to get the superior room- #18. It was a basic room on the poolside, first floor overlooking the beautiful lush landscaping. It had a small patio with a ceiling fan and a couple chairs that we put to good use. The room itself was nothing extravagant, but was very clean with a nice bathroom and big shower enough for two people. We did have a couple issues with the toilet but once we informed the front desk, maintenance promptly took care of the situation.

Food: We only ate breakfast here as we choose to dine at other local establishments for lunch and dinner. There are numerous places to dine and very accessible by foot. Once we arrived at our hotel the car rental stayed parked until we left. The breakfast here was the best we had during our 7 days in CR. There is a cook that will make omelets to your liking. There is even a stand where you can self-serve your own mimosas if that is your thing. The service during breakfast was exceedingly good. Endy, Denier, and the light skinned blonde lady (sorry I forgot her name) were on point each day serving us coffee and water. All of the staff were very friendly and seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs.

Pool: We hung out in a secluded cabana one day surrounded by tropical foliage near the main restaurant. It was very nice and relaxing to finally do nothing after our adventures in Arenal. Once again pool service/Endy was very good. There is a hut next to the cabanas we were in that gives massages and pedicures etc. My wife opted for the pedi since it was comparable to prices we pay in Texas. There are better prices for a massage across the street, $40 an hour. My plan was to take advantage of that but time slipped away )-;
Oh, there wasn't any need to fight for a cabana or palapa by the pool. In fact the cabana next to us was open for the better part of the day.

Beach garden: Right past the pool is a path with relaxing music that leads to the main street, walk across it and you will have exclusive access to a wonderful beach garden. It had lounge chairs that were directly in the sun and palapas available if you like shade. My wife and I had different opinions of the beach because the garden area and beach outside of it are kind of far from the ocean itself. It doesn't look all that inviting from a distance but once you get it, it is surprisingly clear. There is also a bar in the beach garden available to hotel guests only. The bartender Victor is very pleasant and does a great job. My wife and I enjoyed chatting with him.
Another great thing is that the vendors can’t come inside the beach garden area.

Beach outside of the garden: One day there wasn't any palapas available so we headed outside of the gates to hang out on the beach itself. You can rent a couple lounge chairs with an umbrella for $15 a day. The beach itself has its pros and cons. The beach vendors will stop and try to sell you their stuff even when I attempted to play possum and be asleep. They weren't as aggressive as other places we've been. Good deals can be found though. A local woman sold us ceviche that she was made and it was REALLY GOOD! The price was excellent too!! I believe it was $3 bucks for a small and $4 for a large individual portion. She also provided come crackers and came prepared with condiments as well.
Another local tried to sell us some surf lessons. A private lesson cost $40 for two hours which would have been better than the surf shop. They quoted me $60 for a private lesson. I never ended up doing it since I starting drinking cervezas and didn't feel like breaking my neck that day. There is a convenient store next to the entrance of the beer garden. We bought our own beers, snacks, water, and took them to the beach with us.

Tamarindo is a cool little surfer beach town that is bustling with night life if you want to go out. I don't think we were able to even stay up until midnight. The town is shut down for the most part on Sunday nights.

All in all we had a great time. This is our second boutique hotel that we've stayed at opposed to the mega resorts that are in the Caribbean. I really think this is the way we will proceed in the future. I don't see how you could go wrong choosing Jardin del Eden for your vacation/hotel needs.

Sorry for the lengthy review, but I read TripAdvisor so much that I feel the need to give back to everyone else.

Pura Vida!!!!

Stayed: March 2018
5  Thank JeremyXX

Dear JeremyXX,

We sincerely thank you for having taken the time to share such a extensive and detailed review. We are very happy that you had a great time at our hotel and much appreciate that you recommend Jardin Del Eden to other travelers!

We are thrilled that you have mentioned that our breakfast was the best you had during your stay in beautiful Costa Rica. We receive great praise from all our guests highlightning the freshness, variaty and quality of all our products, which most are local and organic products.

On the other hand, we would like to clarify that you actually can find cheaper prices for massages across the Street. However, our therapists are certified and you get a guarantee of the quality of massage you will receive. We believe that the health and well-being of our guests is important enough to be left to inexperienced and amateur masseurs.

Thanks again for your very informative feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife again in the not too distant future!