All reviews private garden garden of eden la plumeria private walk star room sister hotel pool area grand vista primavera restaurant beautiful walkway unlimited mimosas beach bar hot tub homemade jams beautiful hotel hotel includes egg bar
Reviewed 4 December 2017

My wife and I visited for a long weekend. The place was perfect. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The patio hot tub was spotless. The location is great. After making our reservations, their sales manager contacted us with an even better offer than what we had reserved. I've never had that happen before. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: The rooms with the hot tub are definitely worth the additional cost.
Reviewed 4 December 2017

I can't say enough about the Jardin del Eden. We just returned from a week stay and miss it already. It was excellent in every category. Beautiful property, fantastic, central location, right in town but just enough off the main road to also be quiet and tranquil. Spotlessly clean, gorgeous pools, with cabana beds available, onsite spa and massage treatments poolside. Excellent restaurant, La Plumeria, with complimentary delicious daily, full breakfasts, also poolside. A private garden walkway leading directly to the beach, where hotel guests have access to an exclusive private garden ON the beach, with private facilities, thatch umbrellas and chaise lounges plus a bar that's open all day, just for guests. Snacks and meals can be ordered and delivered from the hotel next door. Tamarindo has a beautiful clean white sand beach and tons of activities: swimming, surfing, boogie boarding, body surfing, kayaking, sailing, snorkeling nearby, fishing trips. But the very best part of the hotel is the service and staff. Each and every person made us feel so welcome and taken care of. From the complimentary welcome drink to check out, Yerling and Dennie at the main desk are there to help with any little thing - including coordinating airport shuttles, laundry, and providing information and recommendations. They speak impeccable English, as was the case with all the staff. The restaurant staff was amazing, especially Moises and Natalie at breakfast, and Mario and Maricella in the evenings ( Moises too) are all so lovely, warm, and completely customer-oriented.
I haven't even mentioned the view yet. We had a private balcony with an awesome view of the ocean surrounded by the beautiful flora and fauna of Tamarindo. Our room was spacious and comfortable, well-appointed, with strong AC and a great bed. Thank you to the Jardin del Eden for a wonderful week and a fantastic mother-daughter vacation. We will be back!

Room Tip: We loved room 9 - ocean view, great balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank R6935WQellens
Reviewed 3 December 2017

We LOVED everything about Jardin del Eden. It is the perfect location in Tamarindo - 3-5 minute walk to so many incredible restaurants and tucked enough from the main road to be a quiet oasis. Tamarindo has the perfect balance of fun and relaxation. I took surfing lessons, we took a jungle boat ride from the beach and spotted crocodiles and monkeys, and witnessed sea turtles laying eggs about an hour up the coast.

We woke up every day with the incredible breakfast - custom omelettes and fresh fruit, our favorite server, Endy, his contagious smile and sweet conversation overlooking the gorgeous pool. The coffee is delicious and he gave us a bag as a parting gift. So thoughtful.

The private beach is perfect. It is a grassy area with cute beach bar. We never had any trouble finding chairs in sun or shade. Having clean restrooms adjacent to the beach is also a huge plus.

Mario, Mario, Mario! He was our man at the restaurant, La Plumeria. He was there every night as we drank delicious decaf and share about adventures. I had a different restaurant on the beach mis-charge my credit card (charged in colones rather than dollars - $23,000!) and he was a LIFE-SAVER, on the phone with he manager to get it all sorted. So sweet and totally above-and-beyond. We loved spending time him and all of the amazing people at the bar. They are all precious cherubs and we cannot wait to return to see them again. Our biggest regret is not trying the ceviche at La Plumeria. Don't miss out on it!

Definitely stay here if you want luxury accommodations in the fun town of Tamarindo. The people really make it special. We were so sad to leave!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Premium Room - worth it for the view! 32 was perfect.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Laura L
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Jardin del Eden is absolutely amazing!! I have very high standards and am hard to impress and this hotel blew my expectations out of the water. This is absolutely the best hotel in all of Tamarindo. The location is perfect - the hotel is nestled up in what feels like the jungle just above the center of Tamarindo. You feel like you're in the jungle but then walk 1 minute and your're back in the busy town. The private beach was perfect. There were always plenty of chairs, sun and shade. The private beach includes a bar, bathrooms and shelters you from the locals selling trinkets. It's also safe enough to leave your stuff to go dip in the ocean. The staff here is incredible. They are all SO sweet and attentive. The breakfast was also incredible. There is something for everyone - even those with strict dietary restrictions like myself. My fiance and I stayed in a deluxe room over looking the ocean for 8 nights and the room was absolutely perfect. (Room #7 - highly recommend!) Again, I have really high standards for beds and found the bed comfy and the blackout shades to be perfection. The hotel is very quiet with other couples and no kids splashing around. I originally contemplated staying at the Diria vs here and am SO glad that I changed my mind. I also had the best massage of my life poolside. I can't recommend this place enough! Pura Vida :)

Room Tip: The deluxe room with ocean views is a must!
Reviewed 1 December 2017

We stayed in this Hotel in November, and it was absolutely amazing. The hotel itself is stunning, it is pristinely maintained, with beautiful trees and lawns, not to mention two pools. We stayed for 7 days, and the entire time we found the staff at the hotel and restaurant to be phenomenal, friendly and welcoming, not to mention helpful. We went on several excursions that were booked through the hotel, which were well worth the money, and were great fun. Our room had a private hot tub, which was great, not to mention the two pools on premises, both of which are refreshing and fun. And the main draw, the fact that it takes less than two minutes down a beach walk full of tropical plants to get to the pacific ocean, and on the way there is a Beachside bar. All in all a really wonderful experience. My one suggestion is that if you're travelling to Tamarindo, and sunburn like I do, I would suggest bringing it in your luggage, because imports seem to be very expensive. But that's not the hotel's fault, it's great.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
MariaTDBR, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Jardin del Eden boutique hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Dear Robin C,

Thank you for staying with us and providing recognition to our staff for their friendly and welcoming Service.

We are also thrilled to know that you found our hotel absolutely amazing and that you enjoyed all the wonderful amenities our property has to offer to our guests.

We look forward to having you as our guests again in the near future!

Best regards.