All reviews private garden garden of eden la plumeria private walk star room sister hotel pool area grand vista primavera restaurant beautiful walkway unlimited mimosas beach bar hot tub homemade jams beautiful hotel hotel includes egg bar
Reviewed 3 December 2017

We LOVED everything about Jardin del Eden. It is the perfect location in Tamarindo - 3-5 minute walk to so many incredible restaurants and tucked enough from the main road to be a quiet oasis. Tamarindo has the perfect balance of fun and relaxation. I took surfing lessons, we took a jungle boat ride from the beach and spotted crocodiles and monkeys, and witnessed sea turtles laying eggs about an hour up the coast.

We woke up every day with the incredible breakfast - custom omelettes and fresh fruit, our favorite server, Endy, his contagious smile and sweet conversation overlooking the gorgeous pool. The coffee is delicious and he gave us a bag as a parting gift. So thoughtful.

The private beach is perfect. It is a grassy area with cute beach bar. We never had any trouble finding chairs in sun or shade. Having clean restrooms adjacent to the beach is also a huge plus.

Mario, Mario, Mario! He was our man at the restaurant, La Plumeria. He was there every night as we drank delicious decaf and share about adventures. I had a different restaurant on the beach mis-charge my credit card (charged in colones rather than dollars - $23,000!) and he was a LIFE-SAVER, on the phone with he manager to get it all sorted. So sweet and totally above-and-beyond. We loved spending time him and all of the amazing people at the bar. They are all precious cherubs and we cannot wait to return to see them again. Our biggest regret is not trying the ceviche at La Plumeria. Don't miss out on it!

Definitely stay here if you want luxury accommodations in the fun town of Tamarindo. The people really make it special. We were so sad to leave!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Premium Room - worth it for the view! 32 was perfect.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Laura L
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Jardin del Eden is absolutely amazing!! I have very high standards and am hard to impress and this hotel blew my expectations out of the water. This is absolutely the best hotel in all of Tamarindo. The location is perfect - the hotel is nestled up in what feels like the jungle just above the center of Tamarindo. You feel like you're in the jungle but then walk 1 minute and your're back in the busy town. The private beach was perfect. There were always plenty of chairs, sun and shade. The private beach includes a bar, bathrooms and shelters you from the locals selling trinkets. It's also safe enough to leave your stuff to go dip in the ocean. The staff here is incredible. They are all SO sweet and attentive. The breakfast was also incredible. There is something for everyone - even those with strict dietary restrictions like myself. My fiance and I stayed in a deluxe room over looking the ocean for 8 nights and the room was absolutely perfect. (Room #7 - highly recommend!) Again, I have really high standards for beds and found the bed comfy and the blackout shades to be perfection. The hotel is very quiet with other couples and no kids splashing around. I originally contemplated staying at the Diria vs here and am SO glad that I changed my mind. I also had the best massage of my life poolside. I can't recommend this place enough! Pura Vida :)

Room Tip: The deluxe room with ocean views is a must!
Reviewed 1 December 2017

We stayed in this Hotel in November, and it was absolutely amazing. The hotel itself is stunning, it is pristinely maintained, with beautiful trees and lawns, not to mention two pools. We stayed for 7 days, and the entire time we found the staff at the hotel and restaurant to be phenomenal, friendly and welcoming, not to mention helpful. We went on several excursions that were booked through the hotel, which were well worth the money, and were great fun. Our room had a private hot tub, which was great, not to mention the two pools on premises, both of which are refreshing and fun. And the main draw, the fact that it takes less than two minutes down a beach walk full of tropical plants to get to the pacific ocean, and on the way there is a Beachside bar. All in all a really wonderful experience. My one suggestion is that if you're travelling to Tamarindo, and sunburn like I do, I would suggest bringing it in your luggage, because imports seem to be very expensive. But that's not the hotel's fault, it's great.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
MariaTDBR, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Jardin del Eden boutique hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Dear Robin C,

Thank you for staying with us and providing recognition to our staff for their friendly and welcoming Service.

We are also thrilled to know that you found our hotel absolutely amazing and that you enjoyed all the wonderful amenities our property has to offer to our guests.

We look forward to having you as our guests again in the near future!

Best regards.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

Stay in this hotel in November and just loved it. The grounds are just magnificent, the rooms on the higher floors offer beautiful ocean view and lots of privacy. The breakfast buffet was fantastic, the dinner selection is limited but there are lots of restaurants within walking distance. The hotel has a private walkway to the beach with locked gates. Love my stay and highly recommend it for relaxing vist.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer more privacy and a sunset view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
MariaTDBR, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Jardin del Eden boutique hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Dear Tamsin_kp,

Thank you very much for your five star review!

It is so nice to know you loved your stay with us and that you highly recommend our hotel for a relaxing time in Tamarindo.

We are glad you enjoyed the delicious flavors of our Cuisine. Our Chef is always coming up with new ideas to ensure delightful dining experiences for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Best regards.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

We spent a lovely 9 days at this hotel and I can't speak highly enough about it. We had a deluxe room, #14 and had a completely unobstructed view of the ocean.The room isn't huge but the balcony and bathroom are fairly large. We spent hours on that balcony watching the sunset with wine or a cocktail. A quick 5 minute walk got us from our room to the private beachfront area. They do have the bar at the beach up and running and that was nice to have. The property is very well maintained and just about all the staff were very welcoming. The front desk staff seemed to only have 1 person who knew what was going on (Yesenia...not sure if I spelled that right but she was doll!). As far as the restaurant staff, you all were amazing! Moises, Natalia, Endy, Robby, Deidre, Mario and Marisol all deserve so much praise. Every morning and evening we were always met with smiles and sincerely asking how we were. We were there over my 35th birthday and my husband arranged a dinner for us through Mario and simply put, I was blown away. Mario and the evening staff set up a private table with the walkway lined with candles as well as flowers, lanterns and of course wine and champagne. They even made me a cake! The whole experience was one I will never forget and thank you to these lovely people who went above and beyond to make my birthday in paradise truly incredible.

If you are considering Tamarindo, stay here. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms 13, 14 and 15 have the best views!
2  Thank Lorryn M

Dear Lorryn M,

Thank you for choosing Jardin del Eden Butique Hotel during your 9 days visit to Tamarindo.

We work hard for our guests to enjoy an outstanding experience with all the services and facilities that you have mentioned and we sincerely appreciate that you are recommending us to the Trip Advisor community.

We are also thrilled to know that you will never forget your birthday celebration that your husband arranged at our La Plumeria Restaurant and all thanks to our team, who went above and beyond to create an incredible experience for you.

Thanks again and we cannot wait to welcoming you back again as our guests in the not too distant future!

Warm regards.