“Tour Desk”

Hotel Tamarindo Diria
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Tamarindo
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Friendly hotel staff, but do not visit the “Tour Desk”, unless you want to get rip off. I asked Medary about a private boat trip that was listed at $425. She told me that the boat was not longer available because it had been struck by lightning. She told me that they had one similar for $500. She continued to try to set me up on more costly boat tours. I returned the next day and talked to Bryant the manager and I was able to get the boat for $425. I confronted him about what Medary had told me. He told me that she was confused and gave me the wrong information. I told him that I speak perfect Spanish as she does, so it wasn’t like it was a language barrier. Bryant continued to try to excuse Medary behavior, that she had been on vacation and wasn’t up to date, etc,etc,etc. I told Bryant that I would expect that from others vendors but not the Hotel were about 60 members of my friends and family, were staying to attend a friend’s wedding. I’m very disappointed that this happened.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Angel T
MariaTDBR, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Tamarindo Diria, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Angel T,

We apologize for the issue you have encountered at the Tour Desk and appreciate your feedback.

We have addressed your concerns and shared your comments with the Tour Desk Manager and we truly believe this time it was a miscommunication from our part. It is never our intention to make our guests feel disappointed or upset.

As always, please feel free to contact us with any concerns you may have and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 578)

37 - 41 of 2 578 reviews

Reviewed 3 December 2017

If you intend to stay in here, be aware that unless you book OCEAN VIEW, you will end up in their other buildings across the street. We were one of four families who were led to believe we had ocean view rooms only to find out we had Lagoon rooms.We did NOT want those! When I inquired about being moved to Ocean View, I was advised there weren't any available for 2 more nights. We had booked through a travel company so I called them and they were able to get us two Ocean View (which is what they told the travel company we booked!) the next night. Over the course of several days, I saw 3 other family's going through the same thing we did. It seems very much like "bait and switch". In addition, there was quite a bit of maintenance going on. The hotel wasn't cleaned well either. (See pictures). The buffet was average. The ocean view rooms were much better than the rooms across the street. The staff wasn't as friendly as other places and many didn't speak any English. Tamarindo is very much a touristy type town: lots of people bothering you to buy souvenirs every few feet. Those were the negatives. The positives: great beach location. If you want to learn to surf or just lay out on the beach, there is plenty of room. Be advised, you can't take the resort lounge chairs to the beach but you can rent some from vendors on the beach for $15/pc. Restaurants are good. The bar staff is friendly and good conversationalists.The highlight was the howler monkeys that hang out in the trees and walk across the roof. Very cool! Over all, this resort hotel is one of the better beach front hotels we've stayed at (in ocean front rooms). It's not posh but in Tamarindo, it's the nicest one on the beach there is.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shannon S

Dear Shannon S,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent experience at our hotel.

We are sorry to hear about the issue with your room assignment, however, we are sure this was a miscommunication from your Travel agent as all our room categories are duly described.

also, we had an opportunity to perform some renovation work to keep our property in excellent condition, so we are sorry that it caused you discomfort. However, we are sure that our guests will be pleased with the results.

Best regards.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. I was in the new section across the street from the main hotel. Wi-Fi was very slow and kept going down. In the shower the water kept going from real hot to real cold and there was nothing I could do today keep it at a good temperature. The last morning there was no hot water at all.
You have to cross a busy street to get to the restaurant and beach. They don't have a security guard that helps with the traffic.
The staff were very friendly.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

A friend and I stayed beach side, enjoying stunning views. Being able to watch the ocean and the aspiring surfers from the balcony was a highlight.

It was great to be able to use the lounge chairs on the property then take a dip in the ocean or pool but the chairs desperately need cushions. They are not intended to be sat on without cushions.

The location in Tamarindo is ideal, providing easy access to the lovely shops and restaurants.

One of the buildings on the beach was undergoing construction which was somewhat annoying but the view helped to compensate.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
MariaTDBR, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Tamarindo Diria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Dear Shawna B,

Thank you for having selected Tamarindo Diria and for having set aside some of your valuable time to share your review with us.

We much appreciate your positive comments and we are also taken on board your concerns. The feedback from our guests is always of Paramount importance to us.

Renovations are almost completed and we apologize for any inconvenience it may has caused to you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

This resort has two sections, one by the beach and the other (family oriented) across the street, which is easy to cross. Breakfast buffet with solid choices, including breakfast meats, cold cuts, fruits, custom made omelet and more. Beautiful white sand beach. Beach towels provided. Property well maintained, room was clean. For some reason in the morning the cleaning person just decided to unlock the door and walk in, no knocking, no prior announcement. Secure self parking next to the building across the street, entrance gated. Two pools, one on the beach side and the other across the street. Overall a good choice, would visit again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear mcland2,

Thank you for sharing your review after your stay with us.

We much appreciate your feedback and will certainly share your comments about the issue with the cleaning person to our housekeeping manager, you can be sure this was an isolated misunderstanding.

We look forward to welcoming you back again the near future!

Best regards.