“Pura vida at its purest”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Geri S
Modesto, California
“Pura vida at its purest”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013

We were totally lucky to find this gorgeous house in Playa Langosta and I can enthusiastically recommend it to anyone considering a visit to Costa Rica. I had high hopes, but the location and the house exceeded my expectations. The ad is accurate about everything, the setting is perfect. The villa is in a tranquil location, close enough to walk into Tamarindo, but far enough to feel the luxury of privacy and hear the birds, the waves, and nothing else...well, except the howler monkey that visited (which we had hoped for!). The house was in great condition, spotless throughout, and furnished with everything we needed, and we felt very comfortably secure with the friendly guards. There is a mini-market a few steps away, and an American opened a deli for light lunches right next to the RPM office the day we arrived. We accessed the beach right in front of the house, but we walked a bit to our left for the best beach, which we had to ourselves, mostly. Even when the "crowds" arrived after Christmas, they didn't number more than 20, and everyone was warm and friendly; it felt like a private party compared to the crowds up at Tamarindo. We surfed there with board rented right up the street. The ocean was pleasant and refreshing, and one of the best beaches for swimming I have been on in my life! The pool at the villa was my favorite place to hang out at home, and we enjoyed our breakfasts outside. Scott, the owner, was easily reachable by email, and was extremely helpful in directing us to the best places for various things, even while we were in CR.
To eat, we mostly walked into Tamarindo, or drove in the late evenings, about a 15 minute walk, 2-minute drive, but you could easily take a taxi. Right in Langosta there is Lilly's with French food, but our favorite fussy foodie experience was a Christmas dinner at Dragonfly in Tamarindo. Gallo Fino in Tamarindo had excellent typical Costa Rican foods, and there are numerous places along the beach that had reasonable lunches, with tables right in the sand.
Although the beach became our favorite part of the trip, we did take an excursion up the nearby estuary to see crocodiles, birds and howler monkeys, and it was a very worthwhile 2 hours with a guide named Shaggy (Mauricio) from Kingfisher tours, which we booked last minute in town at Blue Trailz for $20 apiece! We were very close in a small boat to crocodiles, some amazing birds, and we got to see and hear howler monkeys up close on foot, THE CR experience in a nutshell.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the house and location
Liked least: not a thing!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
NY

PA
Reviewed 13 January 2012 for a stay in November 2011

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing