“Fabulous trip!! ”

Pedro's Fishing Tours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Jason and don Pedro were awesome! I was the only client and it was a no frills boat but we caught fish! I wasn’t interested in the extras in the boat. I wanted to catch fish in the ocean and I did! They both know where to find the fish! We caught 5 different kinds. I had a blast and will absolutely use them the next time I’m in Costa Rica (I come once a year but didn’t know they existed before this trip). The boat handles the waves well, they are both super friendly and I felt very comfortable in the trip. I’ve seen comments on here about wanting to give them more than 5 stars...I agree.

All reviews
"the entire trip"
"via email"
"pura vida"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a really fun day fishing with Jason and Don Pedro. Everything was professional and Jason is an interesting guy who's easy to talk to. These guys know fishing. After spending some time trolling with limited success we headed to the spot for pargo (red snapper) where we caught as many as we wanted. Sure, it's everyone's dream to wear yourself out catching tuna and dorado but it wasn't our day. I appreciate that Jason had a back up plan to get us on some fish. We all really had a great time and I wouldn't go out with anyone else. The price is the best in town also as far as I can tell. Thanks guys!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I wish we could give Jason and Pedro 10 stars! It helped that the fish were hungry today, but Jason and Pedro flat out busted their tails to make sure we found the fish, and then stayed on them all morning. It seemed like just when Jason got all the lines out and sat down to breathe, one of them would sound off with that oh so sweet zipping sound every fisherman loves! There were a few times when we had two lines going off at the same time, with black tuna putting up a fun and sporty fight! I think we caught 8 mahi-mahi and about the same number of tuna. It’s good when you lose count. We felt perfectly safe and well taken care of the entire trip, and had an absolute blast. I recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Jason and his first mate were awesome guides and instructors. We caught 3 mahi mahis and 2 yellow fin tunas along with several smaller black fin tunas. We had them prepared for lunch and dinner and they were some of the best meals of my life. Fresh sashimi! Highly recommend.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Jason and his father in law Pedro have been fishing the Tamarindo Bay for a combined 59 years (if I did my math right) in a boat that Pedro built by hand.

Don’t expect a chatty captain, reclining seats, music, or drinks (heck, bring your own water to be on the safe side).

Expect to catch fish with guys who love the the sport and the sea and know the spots. If I knew any Spanish, I would have asked Pedro to tell me about Tamarindo in the 1970s when he started fishing there.

Jason cleaned some of our catch and Nogui’s prepped it for lunch. It was my wife’s favorite meal of our vacay.