“Great service”

Kelly's Surf Shop and School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Kelly's Surf House is a exclusive premier Retreat/Sports/Education Center in Tamarindo. We started out as Kelly's Surf Shop, where we specialized in surfing and SUP. We have grown to offer bike tours and rentals as well as as full tour center. Now, we provide the ultimate vacation packages. We focus heavily on giving you a safe, fun, and professional experience. Our staff are real, professionals who take great pride and enjoyment in sharing with those who want to enjoy every second of their experiences. We also have the newest, most extensive equipment selection in Tamarindo for all kinds of activities.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Diego was a big help ... I've been surfing for years and I wanted a good board ... He let me rent the Bear Epoxy ... it worked great

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Desk K, vendeora at Kelly's Surf Shop and School, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

HI,

thanks for letting us know that our service fits you.

we are glad to know it!

in 9 reviews
"making sure"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My wife and I booked a semi-private surf lesson with Kelly's Surf Shop last week, and we were paired up with Victor. Neither of us had ever surfed before, and I was just hoping to get up once during the whole lesson. Victor really took the time to show us the proper techniques on land, and then took us out into the ocean for some practice. My wife was literally up surfing on her first try, and I was up shortly thereafter. Victor gave us great tips, never seemed frustrated, and really seemed to enjoy what he was doing!

I spent a lot more time on the board, than off it, and we both truly had a great time. I highly recommend this shop/school to anyone looking for a good lesson! This is a class act, and they definitely know what they are doing. If you're in Tamarindo and looking for a lesson, or just a rental, look these guys up. They will take great care of you!

Hi there!

thanks for writing us such a nice review, we appreciate!
we are more than glad that you were able to stand up so fast and that you enjoyed it so much.

furthermore, thanks for recommending us,

we are looking forward to see you again on the waves!!

Have a nice week,

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This was great. I learned how to surf immediately. The instructor was great. He corrected everything I did and by the end I felt like a pro. He helped so much.

Desk K, vendeora at Kelly's Surf Shop and School, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hi Cecilia,

we are glad to know you end up feeling surfing like a a pro at the end of one of our lesson, that is perfect!

thanks for writing us,

Pura Vida

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Recently i was in Tamarindo to surf and forgot my leash. I went to Kelly’s and they didnt want to rent me a leash because they said than they cant rent the board its on even though i wanted to pay them. Meanwhile the store was empty and there was over 100 boards in it that were available for surf. Finally they rented me a leash FOR 1 HOUR for $5 bucks when a surfboard to rent for the whole day is $10. They are scamers!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
KellySurfShop, General Manager at Kelly's Surf Shop and School, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review . We apolagize for the initial confusion as we have a few new staff members and due to the fact we do not get many requests for leash rentals they did not know the protocol for this service . They should have asked another staff member or management before they said “no” . You are correct , it is not problem to take it off a board and rent it , especially if we have plenty of boards available . We apaolagize for their initial response. We do have a minimum rental price on all rental items in the shop. It was $5 for the day , but it is the same if you just take it for one hour. There is staff time to consider as well as wear and tear . We find it offensive you would call us scammers when you signed a rental contract and knew the price prior to taking the rental leash. If you were not okay with the price you did not have to rent the item. It may have been too expensive in your opinion but in no way did we scam you. If you were not comfortable to pay $5 we also have leashes available for purchase.