All reviews soccer field shared kitchen pool side lounge chairs rooms are clean great location the owner in town noise ac tours
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Wonderful hotel and hostel! Stay in an upgraded hotel room with AC or stay in a cheaper room if you are on a budget :) solar panels heat the water, so you get nice showers. Great pool area w/ lounge chairs. Cute kitchen for cooking; Chef in the morning will cook breakfast for you. Separate restaurant on site. Flying Taco bar walking distance. Tons of restaurants near by and cute beach bars. WALKING DISTANCE TO THE BEACH!!! The owner is incredibly nice and is always on-site to ensure you have a great vacation. I can't wait to go back in a few months!

Room Tip: Best hotel in Samara
Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

My experience here was incredible, the hotel was very nice and my favorite part was the awesome ping pong table! Samara is a picture perfect beach with some of the warmest water I've ever swum in! The town of samara is also nice with everything being within walking distance of the hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Great price for value. the kids liked the pool and we enjoyed the table outside in the patio. The kitchen was clean. The room was a bit dark but we just slept there. Overall i want to mention that I forgot my external battery in the room, and after i contacted the hotel, they confirmed they had found it and sent it to my next destination and refused that I paid for it!! TOP SERVICE!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
HotelPlayaSamara, Owner at Hotel Playa Samara, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We always ask for a good e-mail address for just that reason! We are committed to you having memories of a lifetime! Dan Clarke, Owner

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Right off the soccer field, it is central to all that happens in town, AND on the few minute walk to the beach, Juan will sell you his fabulous chicken on a stick, fresh off the grill :))
You're in a very clean hotel, with gracious staff who want you to get all you want from Costa Rica!! Price is cheap and beds are great!! You will want to take the whole family! And did I mention the cute soda (cafe) attached with scrumptious food, darling staff and unbeatable prices?
Stay at Dan's place (the owner,who treats you like you are at his house) and tell him Harold sent you for a special treat!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2018

I loved this place. Clean! No bugs, sand or any other beach residue. The owner is a lovely man, very accommodating. It's a few steps to the beach, and I loved that it drew lots of tourists who were not from the states. Each room has a TV and desk with chair, and although I appreciated these amenities, I did not use them as I was too busy enjoying the paradise outside my room. The soda (a term used for inexpensive eateries) that is "attached" to the hotel was excellent. It is open-air and offers the traditional meal for a ridiculously low price which includes a freshly made blended fruit juice. I am so happy I chose to stay at this hotel. My only regret is that I didn't stay long enough to participate in the Tuesday pool party.

Room Tip: Some rooms have air conditioning but in February I did not need mine.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo