All reviews tina turner laz divaz every morning sunset ritual palm trees squeezed orange juice mosquito net sunset beers howler monkeys short walk along the beach costa rica the owner other guests place to stay our week long stay perfect ending little bit of paradise
Reviewed 11 April 2018

My boyfriend and I stayed three nights and had a perfect time there. Sarah was not only hilarious and entertaining, but thoughtful and caring with great recommendations. Every morning we enjoyed delicious coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice on our front patio. The setting is very quiet and relaxing and I enjoyed spending the whole day lying on a hammock and reading a book and spending some time in the water, which was as warm as a bath! It was a quick 5 minute walk along the beach to excellent restaurants and bars. We were really sad to leave, but it was the perfect ending to our time in Costa Rica. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I just returned from my third trip to Playa Samara where I go to disconnect and hear my own thoughts again. And each time I return to Casitas LazDivaz because of the hammocks and Sarah's attention to making sure her guests have a great experience.

LazDivaz is a small place --only three units. I stay in the casita called Tina Turner as it has a great porch, a small kitchen and close to the tree that the howler monkeys are likely to visit at least once during my visit (this visit i saw three babies!). If you stay in the other units, Sarah will provide coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice. I tend to get up earlier than most so it's great to be able to make my own coffee when I want it (and I love being back on the property to enjoy the beautiful garden). On your first night she'll invite you to join you on the bench she created for a beer and sunset.

Now about the hammocks. There are a lot of palm trees along the Samara beach and a lot of people tucked into them -- on the ground, maybe a chair and once in a while someone sets up a hammock. But there is nothing like it for me to have a comfy hammock waiting for me in the morning perfect for reading and for staring out into space. Sarah checks in the afternoon in case the overhead sun is too hot and will move the hammock to be in more shade. I swear I barely left the hammock the whole time.

Sarah will also tell you where to go for birding, and maybe even guide you. She'll tell you about the sweet snorkeling pool (I saw my first eel! - a little bitzy one), and where to find the best dishes in the restaurants in Samara. Sarah can't promise you perfect weather or perfect waves but beyond that she'll do what she can to make sure your vacation is as easy and relaxing as possible.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2018

My wife and I stayed 4 nights at LazDivaz in March 2018. The casitas, built with obvious love by the owner, have beautiful woodwork and were quite comfortable, but we didn’t spend too much time inside anyway. The location is excellent, just a short walk down the pristine beach into town for meals. Sara, the owner, is personable and helpful in recommending restaurants and activities. We saw more wildlife (birds, iguana, howler monkeys) in her gardens than we did in three days touring the Cloud Forests in Monteverde. Be forewarned, the howler monkeys like to wake you up in the early morning, but we got used to that quickly. We’d absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2018

The property is beautiful. The casitas are clean, cute, and cool (There isn't air conditioning but with the fan and the well-designed draftways in the ceiling, there is no need). The property is right along the beach which was very convenient. The hammocks hung from trees near the beach was a very relaxing amenity. Sara was the greatest hostess! Friendly, knowledgeable, and reliable. Lonely Planet calls Samara the blackhole of happiness. Casitats laz Divas is at the center of that Blackhole...

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

This little gem of 3 casitas on a beautiful property on the beach is an amazing location for a quiet, relaxing vacation.
Sara and her "faithful hound" JoJo are wonderful, welcoming hosts.
Lazdivaz is an short, easy walk into Samara along the most beautiful beach.
Relax in the hammocks that Sarah puts up every day on the beach and enjoy the sunsets on the beach with a beer or whatever your favourite tipple might be.
Sara's knowledge of the area is second to none and she will assist in anyway she can to make your stay enjoyable.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends