“Great Tour But Poor Management and Organization”

Costa Rica Monkey Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Costa Rica Monkey Tours is dedicated to provide the visitor of Costa Rica an experience. An authentic experience of Costa Rica Traditions, its roots and the vast wild life. We have over a decade of experience organizing Tours, expeditions and adventures.We guarantee to our clients to organize activities to fully license and registered locations with the highest safety rules and regulations. Let us work on your visit so you can simply kick back and enjoy from location to location transportation on our private shuttles to the most beautiful locations with the most magnificent views and adrenaline filled activities.
Reviewed 27 June 2018

in 12 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Let me say you get your moneys worth. An extremely fun packed, activity filled adventure. Jairo, Antoinette & the driver were amazing! Super friendly & knowledgeable. This tour covers a great chunk of the highlights of Costa Rica. You get to experience the beauty while having tons of fun. A great tour for families with teens or slightly older kids. Ziplining & river rafting were a blast. Please consider the all day adrenaline pass for your free day. It’s a long day but you won’t regret it! Definitely a must try.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Date of experience: May 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 June 2018

I normally don't do group tours, but since I would be traveling alone with my young son and I don't speak Spanish, I thought a tour might be best for this trip. I'm so glad I did!! This tour was incredibly awesome!! I was very hesitant to book through Groupon, but the savings was so much I couldn't turn it down. It ended up surpassing all of my expectations! The hotels were amazing, much nicer than I would have booked myself. Our guide was Albert, and he treated everyone like we were family. His English was awesome, and he knew so much about every aspect of his country. Our photographer was Antoinette, and she was also amazing and very helpful. They both were great with my son, he loved it so much he asked me the whole trip if we could move there! My son got motion sickness for the first time in his life and threw up on the bus, I would definitely advise everyone to bring several forms of treatment. We ended up using sea bands, ginger, and Dramamine. Those roads are insanely winding!

Anyone who is considering Costa Rica, I would definitely recommend at least checking into Monkey Tours. Since it's a lot of moving around, we flew in several days early and went straight to La Fortuna to relax and play in the numerous hot springs before the tour started. We also added a day at the end, it really helped not feel rushed.

The only things I would say need improvement is the communication before the trip, and maybe a little better information on the trip about what is going to happen next. Before the trip, I had numerous questions. It was tough getting timely information and sometimes it would take days to get a response to emails. When I did the chat, the rep would frequently disconnect without answering my questions. During the trip, we didn't really know exactly what was going on except what time to get on the bus in the morning. For instance, one day we didn't eat lunch until almost 3pm, it would have been nice to know that so we could fill up our bag with food. A hungry 5 year old stuck on a long bus ride is no fun for anyone :) But over the course of an 8 day trip with 20 people, if that' the biggest complaint then I consider it a home run!

Overall, this trip was so amazing. I have been recommending it to everyone I talk to about travel. I hope the office can get better with communicating with customers before the trip, but other than that the whole experience was much, much better than I expected for the price. For those who haven't been to CR yet, even the days I was there alone with my son we felt extremely safe. Just go, you won't be disappointed!

Date of experience: April 2018