See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

We lived in this hotel for 5 weeks Feb-March 2017 . It has 6 rooms on second floor.
Air condition , flat screen TV, Internet, consistently hot water in the shower( not like other hotels) all in great condition. Rooms kept very clean! Delicious choice of breakfast is included !Exceptionsly close to the beach 2 min walk and very central to everything !
It is fairly simple and very comfortable. Hotel has an amazing restaurant high reviews and food is truly excellent!
Special price for monthly stay!
Staff very helpful!
We highly recommend and already booked for next year for 2 month!

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2016

It had been two years since our last visit to Casa Esmeralda & we did not know it was under new ownership. It was great before & now it's even better. Owned by a very gracious & caring husband wife team, they consistently prepare delicious local dishes. The seafood soup with a crisp lettuce & avocado salad accompanied by a grilled whole fish was absolutely delicious. We had a wonderful time & a delicious glass of red wine. Thank you for sharing your love of Costa Rican food with us. I hope I can try & replicate that soup back home.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2016

I viewed 5 hotel properties all in the same price range before choosing the Casa Esmeralda for a 6 night stay in the rainy season. It was very quiet during my visit, the rooms are situated above the restaurant. I would imagine during the busy season there would be a little more noise generated from activity below. The rooms are small but well maintained and very clean. There is air-conditioning and a ceiling fan in each room. I was very happy with the amenities and the traditional breakfast that was included, all for a very reasonable price. The beach is only a 2 minute walk away, just down the hill, very easy access.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 December 2015

Casa Esmeralda is one of the few budget price hotels in Samara with air conditionning which makes it a great choice. The room was not very large but the disposition of things made it practical. The included breakfast served by Alex was OK with a few choices. It is a friendly, no fuss hotel with a very young staff.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

My wife and I met Ramon while eating at Rancho Elena in Hojancha. Came to find out that he was the chef and owner of Cafe Esmeralda where we were staying in Samara. We decided to stop by for dinner tonight and we were not disappointed--the food and service was top notch. They have local cuisine as well as traditional Italian and American. Great place to eat if you ever in Samara.

Stayed: July 2015