“A World-Class Find!!”
Review of Kaixo

Kaixo
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Description: Restaurant and showroom located 100 meters from the beach in Playas del Coco. Decorated by local artists. With vegan options, gluten free, European breakfast, and our specialty, the Spanish tapas and smoked salmon. Our bread is homemade.
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Who knew cuisine could be so good in a far flung tropical paradise. But, that is exactly what Kaixo is- fine cuisine. The owners are a young man from Spain, his wife is a Tica. We have been there twice in just two short weeks. Every bite has been incredible. I've had two sandwiches- one was the veal burger (to die for) and the other a serano ham, turkey, tomato and cheese with a fried egg (I'm done, beam me up, Scotty!!). I'm sure I bothered the other diners with all of my "mmmm's" and "oh man...that's good". My wife had a Croque Madam. Who goes to Costa Rica to have a Croque Madam? YOU SHOULD. Seriously, if you eat nowhere else, if you love food, you HAVE TO go to Kaixo. Besides, the two owners are super nice people who have done a brilliant job with their business. Foodies the world over should rejoice in their success!!!

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Sylvia and Carlos at Kaixo are # 1 because they deserve it! So glad to see them at the top of the charts! Can’t wait to return and have the “Madame “ for breakfast. ...... and the great selection of dinner options! Did I mention dessert? So good!

Reviewed 20 September 2018

worth a visit while in CR. The food quality and service were incredible. A lovely small owner run restaurant/cafe with daily specials. Highly recommend

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We had a few great meals here. The owners are lovely and the food is delicious! The restaurant is air conditioned and great for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We ended up going to Kaixo as a nice surprise. We love tapas and we love Spain, added that I am eternally in love with El Coco... so we had a little of all we love in this small place.

It is managed by it owners, the food it’s fantastic, wine a nice selection at very good prices.

Next day we went back for breakfast! It is one of the best brunches I ever had.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Highly recommended!