“Great food and great stay”
Review of Cafe de Playa

Cafe de Playa
Ranked #23 of 116 Restaurants in Playas del Coco
Price range: US$10 - US$70
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An elegant beachfront retreat Café de Playa is a slice of the Pacific Paradise, with welcoming accommodations and luxurious living. Indulge in the bounties of the sea, the fruits of Costa Rica and beverages from around the globe. A world unto itself, Café de Playa is the ideal beach front venue for lodging, entertainment, romantic dinners, weddings, private events and activities for every mood.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Starting out, it probably has the best sunset view in el Coco, and I have been there quite a few times. Perhaps my recent stay was due to it being slightly farther for the "downtown strip" I usually frequent (about 1 mile or 2 km). The food was excellent, with the only minor flaw was the octupus being a bit chewey. The view and entrance were spectacular, and the rooms were spacious and well equipped.

On friday night they had live music, but otherwise during the day they had very agreeable lounge music.

On the negative side, parking is scarce, and a sewer usually has a strong smell even within the hotel and near the pool.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ll start with the con. It was pricey, mind you my husband had the most expensive meal on the menu at $65!!! According to him it was fantastic, but not $65 a plate fantastic HOWEVER the atmosphere and the view IS $65 a plate amazing! Like A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. There are more reasonably priced dishes. I had mahi mahi and it was wonderful.

Ok so now that we have the con out of the way, let’s talk about the good stuff. The restaurant is basically on the beach or right beside it. We went just before sunset and let me tell you, it was magical!!! They have hammocks up front that we used to get some great vacation shots. It was so relaxed. We got up from the table a few times to take photos and throughly enjoy the moment. It was of peaceful. Totally worth $65 a plate all in The staff are also very attentive and wonderful.

You need to go here! You need to go here during sunset! I’m confident you will love it!!!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

The food was excellent, with the chef coming out to ensure our enjoyment. I won't be back as there was a smell of sewer although the tables are on the beach. We only found out at the time but others in our party have found the same odour on other visits. Sorry to miss out on the chef's handiwork, however.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Went here for lunch and dinner. Great appetizers and red snapper. Best sunset view in Playas del coco.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

This restaurant is on the beach and offers a terrific view of the evening sunset.
My husband and I each had 2 margaritas, we shared the tuna tartar appetizer (very good). My husband ordered the Mahi mahi dinner special, and I ordered a chicken quesadilla. The fish was excellent and the quesadilla was ok. (The Pico de Gallo was the best part)
Our whole bill came to 78.00 Usd.
We spent more than we wanted but the food was really good (and I have never eaten raw tuna before but it's as fresh as you're going to get it here in coco beach☺
I'd go back but order less expensive dishes next time.

Katherine M, Director Comercial at Cafe de Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thanks for your comments Jenny!