“You MUST watch the making of and then enjoy eating the delicious ICE ROLL! And the pizza's not bad either.”
Review of Johann

Johann
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Description: Nice restaurant in the center of Playas del Coco very pleasant and clean , ideal for breakfast and lunch , they offer smoothies , salads, gourmet sandwiches , sushi, ice creams .
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My daughters and I were walking by Johann's and stopped to watch someone make an "ice roll". We had never seen an ice roll before and the preparation of this "ice cream" was fascinating. Intrigued, we decided to order one for ourselves. There are many fresh combinations to choose from and we chose the coconut and mango combo. I took a video I wish I could post. This creation took four minutes to complete from the mango and coconut on a frozen platter to the addition of cream and the chopping, mashing repeat, repeat repeat until at last this divine creation was assembled in rolls for us to eat. We dove in with huge smiles! The prices are 2500 colones to 3000 colones depending on your ingredients. It think ours ended up around $4 US for four large rolls in a big cup.

We came back later for lunch and shared a Margherita pizza and had delicious fresh minted lemonade. There were sandwich offerings, beer, salads, sushi etc. Everything we had was delicious!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great place to stop for lunch, we have tried the pizza, sushi, and a couple of the sandwiches and all the food has been very good. They also have the best sangria! Will definitely stop in when we come back to CR.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

The ice cream is made for you - any flavour or combination if your choice. I had The coconut/pineapple combination and it was superb. This will become a regular stop for me.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Johann is a charming spot on the main drag in Coco. I did not eat there, only had a smoothie with friends. We all liked our smoothies. I liked mine so much I picked another one up on the way to the airport the next day.

The cafe has a good menu and daily specials. We did not eat there because it was hot and has no air conditioning.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We’ve been here twice in the last week. The first time we ate breakfast and was delicious. Today we went back for just cappuccinos and they were not hot. In fact barely warm. Very disappointing especially since they cost $3.50 each.