Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
StayForLong
All reviews community feel location is great nice breeze private beach bungalow fans
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2019

Important Note. This review is based on the Junior Suit. It has a much higher price than the normal rooms and this at least for us raise the bar on cleaning, equipment and service included. The normal rooms have a much lower price and they would rank higher in our judgment if we had stayed there,

We stayed in the Junior Suit and found it lacking in regards of cleaning on arrival. The bed was very well made and 100% clean and the bathroom/toilet was also cleaned ok.

The bedroom floor was dirty (as well as under the bed) and there were more than the normal share of creepy crawlies. We got the impression that just the junior suit was not rented that often.

The normal rooms (cheaper/no A/C) was located further up on the hill (Blue Dream Hotel is located on a very, but, very steep hill and you will have to go the hill to reach the parking as well as your rooms.

The view from the normal rooms was spectacular (the junior suit has almost no sea view at all. We've been told that the suit id have good views but did not see it our self).

There is Wifi coverage in all the normal places including rooms but it was a bit shaky and the speed varied from more or less ok to "go to bed" slow.

The food was very good from the breakfast to the hand made pizza in the outdoor stone oven (recommended)!

Food prices was at tourist level as was the rooms. Just over $70 for the junior suit without breakfast and around another $8-10/person for breakfast takes the pricing to the level of much more luxurious and modern hotels with higher standard.

One should take into account the location as well and note that there are very few places close to this location where you can stay and this will raise the prices.

The second day all the cleaning was well done and the lack of cleaning we found when arriving was corrected the second day and on.

The location is good with easy reach (by car) to a number of beaches. Playa Rajada, Playa EL Jobo, Playa Papaturro and a number of other playas can be reached in under or around 30 minutes.

As far as I understand the Hotel is well visited by kitesurfers and the normal room, the closeness to the beaches and the amazing pizza should give them a hard to beat treat by staying here.

Not to much competition around when it comes to hotels so Blue Dream Hotel is well worth a look, a visit and a bite of pizza!

Room tip: Junior Suit (A/C) expensive and no view. Standard rooms much cheaper with good view (no A/C)
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 5 June 2019

Blue Dream is a Little resort with about 15 rooms (I guess) walking distance from a wild beach where there is usually you and…pelicans (playa Papaturro), not bad at all. The área is luckily not yet touristy and the peace around is the best gift.  I liked to wake up early in the morning and do some yoga in the terrace in front of an unique panorama of the bay.  The only noises were the howler monkeys and the parrots! So cool. Then I used to go at 7 am at the restaurant for an healthy breakfast and lay down in one of the hammocks for a while. I felt in peace with my body and my mind. The rest of the day was just a plus. I would suggest the sunsets at playa Rajada, a beach 10 minutes away by car. Everything recommended!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
nicola b, Propietario at Blue Dream Kiteboarding Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2019

Great, we are happy you liked it so much to stay with us!! Yes, you're right, fortunately the neighbors are still the wild animals around here :-)
Hopefully, you can come back soon to keep your soul peaceful, take care Kyle

Reviewed 13 April 2019

Perfect place for a kitesurfing holiday.
Location is excellent, less than five minutes from a good spot, to which they have the key to access.
Rooms are very basic, without AC, but clean and with hot water in the shower.
There are hammocks and tables outside for chilling out in the evening

Good restaurant, breakfast is ok, and they make proper pizzas in the evening. Lunchboxes available to eat on the beach.

Kite school and rentals available too, with good equipment and instructors.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
nicola b, Propietario at Blue Dream Kiteboarding Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2019

thank you, we are happy that you enjoyed all our services (accommodations, restaurant/pizzera and kitesurfing school). We hope to see you back soon, take care.
Blue Dream Team

Reviewed 9 April 2019 via mobile

This hotel has simple accommodations for everyone with bungalows, standard rooms and 2 suites. Affordable and the food is great, especially the pizza made in outdoor wood-fired oven. Amazing performances of kite boarding to watch on the beach -- and they will deliver your lunch seaside.Gorgeous sunsets and sunrises. Friendly and helpful staff just add to the experience.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
nicola b, Gerente at Blue Dream Kiteboarding Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2019

We are really happy that we helped you to have such a great experience in Bahia Salinas and at out Resort and restaurant! We hope to see you back and next time you have to learn how to kitesurf :-)

Reviewed 24 February 2019 via mobile

My stay at Blue Dream hotel and kitesurf camp exceeded all my expectations. My room was clean and comfortable, the hotel is set in an area of outstanding natural beauty and the hotel staff are friendly, helpful and professional. As a solo traveler I was instantly made to feel comfortable by the hotel staff and the kitesurf camp attracts a fantastic mix of interesting people from all over the world world.

The on site restaurant provides excellent locally sourced food at a very reasonable price and the ‘pack lunch’ option means that you can extend your kiting sessions and not have to leave the beach to track down lunch.

The kite surfing instructors Tim and Floor are knowledgable, safety conscious and all round awesome people. The assistance on the beach launching and landing the kite meant I could make the most of each session.

The kite spot itself has consistent wind through out the entire winter which meant I could board everyday all day for eight days straight.

A particular thank you needs to be made to my main instructor Tim, who was beyond patient and a truely fantastic teacher. I felt safe during every lesson and my kite surfing progressed far beyond my original goal.

Well done Nicola! You have created something very special and I look forward to seeing you next time!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
nicola b, Propietario at Blue Dream Kiteboarding Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2019

Awesome Owen, we are really happy that you had such a good time and you could take advantage of all the details (cleaness, food, safety at the kitebeach, instructors) we try to provide to give to our costumers a complete experience to remember. We love customers coming back in the future, this is like a friendship and it will be a pleasure to see you back, because you’re a great person too and... great kiter, you progressed sooo fast, unbelievable!!
The Blue Dream Team in the restaurant and at the kitebeach appreciate so much your nice words.
Take care :-)