Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
ZenHotels.com
CheapTickets
All reviews community feel location is great nice breeze private beach bungalow fans
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 February 2019 via mobile

My stay at Blue Dream hotel and kitesurf camp exceeded all my expectations. My room was clean and comfortable, the hotel is set in an area of outstanding natural beauty and the hotel staff are friendly, helpful and professional. As a solo traveler I was instantly made to feel comfortable by the hotel staff and the kitesurf camp attracts a fantastic mix of interesting people from all over the world world.

The on site restaurant provides excellent locally sourced food at a very reasonable price and the ‘pack lunch’ option means that you can extend your kiting sessions and not have to leave the beach to track down lunch.

The kite surfing instructors Tim and Floor are knowledgable, safety conscious and all round awesome people. The assistance on the beach launching and landing the kite meant I could make the most of each session.

The kite spot itself has consistent wind through out the entire winter which meant I could board everyday all day for eight days straight.

A particular thank you needs to be made to my main instructor Tim, who was beyond patient and a truely fantastic teacher. I felt safe during every lesson and my kite surfing progressed far beyond my original goal.

Well done Nicola! You have created something very special and I look forward to seeing you next time!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
nicola b, Propietario at Blue Dream Kiteboarding Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2019

Awesome Owen, we are really happy that you had such a good time and you could take advantage of all the details (cleaness, food, safety at the kitebeach, instructors) we try to provide to give to our costumers a complete experience to remember. We love customers coming back in the future, this is like a friendship and it will be a pleasure to see you back, because you’re a great person too and... great kiter, you progressed sooo fast, unbelievable!!
The Blue Dream Team in the restaurant and at the kitebeach appreciate so much your nice words.
Take care :-)

Reviewed 8 February 2019

We stayed for 11 days in a bungalow. We absolutely loved it! The food was amazing. The room was clean. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The kite lessons were safe and tons of fun! We will be returning soon :)

Room tip: Its a backpacker so bring your own toiletries :) Its a climb to the upper rooms... especially after a long day on the water!
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
nicola b, Propietario at Blue Dream Kiteboarding Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2019

Wonderful. We are very happy about your experience and glad tou liked the room, the food and the kite lessons. It was a pleasure to have you here and see you next time :-)

Reviewed 20 January 2019 via mobile

No frills, but a good, fun place to stay. Been there a couple time and Always meet interesting friendly folks. Not to mention the wind is always blowing. Blue dream has a great spot on the beach as well.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
nicola b, Propietario at Blue Dream Kiteboarding Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2019

Thanks to have been here with us again! We are happy that you had a good time and we will wait for your for the 3rd time soon, cheers

Reviewed 24 December 2018 via mobile

I had an awesome stay at Blue Dream hotel. The rooms were a great price and very close to the beach. I want to highlight the awesome staff. First of all, Chef Alex has AMAZING food with much variety every single night. Giuseppe is also an incredible chef and his pizzas were authentic Italian! Evelyn & Dani were always so gracious and took great care serving many of us for dinner after kite surfing.

Not to mention the day time staff were so kind and caring, including Juanita, Roger & many others! Nicola & Joselyn did a marvelous job managing the hotel and additional guest needs.

Big shout outs to the incredible kite instructors: Stan, Floor & Pierre. These 3 were so fun to be around and cared that you were having a good time in the water. They made sure to stay aware of the surroundings to make sure you were safe regardless of your previous kite experience. They all were professional and knowledgeable of the sport. It was amazing watching them teach & have fun at the same time.

Muchisimo gracias for making my costa experience memorable!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2018

My wife and I decided to check out kiteboarding in Costa Rica due to it's strong warm winds and easy accessibility.
This part of Costa Rica is remote with few options.
We were able to find an air conditioned room at this resort (To keep the mosquito at bay during sleeping) at very reasonable price.
The surprise plus we found was that this hotel has the best launch spot. When the water is high this resort spot is really the only place you can launch from easily.
(The winds in Costa Rica is gusty but manageable.)

The booking at hotel is easy and they also arranged transfer for us.

Environment is a kite camp. Probably only kite camp in this part of the world.
It's bit rough but very affordable and you meet so many interesting people.
The views are great also.

Only negatives I have to point out is that the cats have flees.

Date of stay: November 2018
nicola b, Propietario at Blue Dream Kiteboarding Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2018

Hi Jin, thanks to stay in our resort, we appreciate your nice comments about your experience with the Blue Dream Team in the Resort and at the kite beach were we try to give the best service considering the law in Costa Rica for the public beaches that doesn't allow to do so much. We love animals and we take care about our dogs and cats but we'll keep a deeper eye on them, listening your suggestion.
Take care and see you next time in the water too,
bye, Nicola