US$261
US$248
Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$112
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$368
Bookit.com
The Springs Resort and Spa(Arenal Volcano National Park)
US$536
US$309
Priceline
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$345/night.

ApartHotel Tierra del Fuego(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$89
Travelocity
Arenal Backpackers Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$43
Allamanda Rooms(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$28
San Bosco Inn(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$37
Orbitz.com
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$636
Hotels.com
Reviews (1 616)
1 616 results
1 071
1 071
All reviewsluxury suitehanging bridgesheated poolswim up baroutdoor showerla fortunahappy hourarenal volcanocosta ricagolf carthiking trailsrocking chairstabacon hot springsgift shoplava flowsteep hillrental car
47 - 52 of 1 616 reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Room: we stayed in a luxury suite. Room was very large, well appointed. We had a king size bed and a roll away bed, and there was still tons of room. Balcony overlooking volcano and rainforest, with a jacuzzi, was spectacular. Bathroom was top notch and spacious.

Food: The breakfast, which is included in price of room, was outstanding. Some of the best omelets I have ever had along with a wide selection of fresh fruits, sausages/bacon, etc. We had dinner at the restaurant and I had the new york strip, which was cooked perfectly, and I am a stickler when it comes to my steaks. My wife and son liked their meals, but did not love them.

Service: Everyone was very kind and responsive to every question, etc. They are also very flexible, e.g., my wife wanted a massage after a day of physical activities and they were able to find someone that evening.

Atmosphere: It's in a secluded location, so the atmosphere is quiet and peaceful. The hotel has 20 rooms, so nothing is ever too crowded. There are also hiking trails and hanging bridges within walking distance. If you want to be in the thick of the hotel/restaurant scene in the area, this is not the place for you. If you want a quiet place, with very nice rooms in the middle of the rainforest, you won't do better.

Room Tip: If you choose a first floor room, you will get a private outdoor shower.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank UberChicagoDad
Reviewed 23 March 2018

let me summarize this for you:
- Amazing property
- Amazing views
- Great Service
- One of the best rooms I have stayed in so far!

Since I did some last minute booking at La Fortuna (Could not get all 5 nights at Tabacon), I found 2 nights in a suite at Lost Iguana. Driving up to the property, I was a bit stressed as I had no idea what the room would look like and their web-site is not the best in the world. I must say that I was not only pleasantly surprised, I was amazed at the quality, location, cleanliness, and amenities of the room. Coupled with the great service at the hotel, I give the property 5/5 stars! Please see the pictures I have attached. My one and only tiny comment is that compared to the great food in La Fortuna, the resort food is quite expensive and not the best in the area. However, breakfast is free and excellent. To summarize, I HIGHLY recommend a stay at the Lost Iguana Resort & Spa in their luxury suite!!!!!

Room Tip: Best Views, Luxury, Great Service
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Exsold
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Lost Iguana resort can be a little hard to find. It is off the main highway to Arenal, just before ( or after, depending on your direction) the bridge over the lake.
Pleasant resort. Lovely grounds on a steep hillside. Good, clean rooms with individual decks or porches with comfy rocking chairs and views of the volcano. The showers were slightly old and dark but clean and plenty of hot water.
My friend and I both had lovely spa experiences with massage, facial and reflexology.
The main problem with lost iguana in the food. The restaurant location and layout are great and you can see a lot of birds and wild life while dining. But, they need a chef. We are there our first night at the resort and it was the dullest, blandest food you can imagine! My pasta with red sauce and cheese tasted like spaghetti -O's from a can.
None of us finished our dinners. Just blah and uninteresting. The breakfast, which is included, is Ok, but lunch, dinner and bar food totally hopeless.
So, if you go to lost iguana, make sure to drive or taxi or uber into town for dinner!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sjkyo
Reviewed 22 March 2018

The room is located on a huge property, full of vegetation and anywhere you look it is truly beautiful, plus we also had an amazing view on the volcano. The staff is super friendly and helpful, the breakfast is absolutely delicious, we didn't get a chance to enjoy the swimming pools as we had loads of activities but they are really nice, and there is also a nice "happy hour" time at the bar every day. Moreover, the resort is just next to "Místico", the place where you can enjoy hanging bridges and discover this amazing nature around. There are also many parking places available around the resort if you come by car. The room was really nice, spacious, with a large bathroom with a large shower.

The only thing we didn't really like is that the isolation of the room is not so good so we could hear our neighbors

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynda J
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing/ friendly staff with great humour. Staff got to know us on a more personal level. Clean rooms and pool areas. Restaurant had good food and fancy drinks, breakfast was yummy and varied. Fruit served was yummy and fresh each morning. Eggs were madd right in frong of us! Definitely would recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family