“Week of a lifetime!”
Review of GeckoTico

GeckoTico
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our company offers customized trips for families and large groups. We have a ready-made list of travel but if you want something different to suit you can update. With us you can enjoy the beauties of this country. Enjoy your people, mountains, rivers, volcanoes, sport fishing and all the beauty offered by this country! not put aside its people are very friendly, that at any time can help you in whatever you need at no interest, only interest is you return home happy and told his friends and family as well I enjoy your vacation in Costa Rica and that you return the next vacation to enjoy with us. Remenber that we make your dream vacation a reality experience.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 23 April 2018

My best friend and myself went to Costa Rica March 17-24 2018. We stayed at the Riu and as I am a huge planner I wanted our days planned out ahead of time so we were sure we would get to do all of the excursions we wanted. Our first excursion was a sunset cruise which was amazing. We were able to layout on the top deck of the boat and the waiter brought as many drinks as we wanted right to us. We stopped and there was an option to snorkel however we just explored the beach. We also booked a tour to a waterfall, rafting down river, sloth sanctuary, volcano tour and mud bath and my FAVORITE (well besides holding the sloth) was day trip to Nicaragua. We felt perfectly safe while we were there. We went to Lake Nicaragua, to an active volcano to the top, the Grenada (could have spend a whole day here) and lastly on a boat tour to see the famous islets. We felt completely safe the whole time we were there. Booking with Roberto online was easy, secure and much more affordable than the commercial tour companies. Why wouldn't you want to help their local economy and give your business to local families instead of large corporations. DO NOT listed to the companies in the hotel lobby, these guys are the real deal! We consider them friends now. We even met Roberto's niece when his brother came to pick us up from Nicaraguan border. This is truly family run and makes for a spectacular trip!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"buena vista"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Roberto arranged a wonderful day trip to a mountain resort with a van, driver (Hugo) and a fantastic guide (Gray). 1 1/2 hour drive, welcome drink, horse back riding, waterfall and extreme zip lining. Finished up with volcanic hot baths. Absolutely worth it. Very professional and a full day of activities.

1  Thank himarkus
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Saw the trip advisor flag on the beach of the Riu Guanacaste...looked them up..booked!!

It was so easy... four of us had our own van for the day..our excellent driver/tour guide Johnny was beyond amazing....we asked a million questions which he happily answered and thanked us for taking an interest in his culture/life!!.
He stopped so many times for us to get out and look at stuff...showed us local attractions...stopped for us to buy beer/snacks..translated for us..we loved our day with him!! Roberto give that man a raise!!!

Our tour included the sloth house/mud bath/volcano crater/waterfall/coffee tasting...added with our own blend of...
Stopping to buy/taste local baking....pineapple in a bag to go from a stand just out of the waterfall...tasting green cashews...we should have stopped and got a watermelon from a local stand too..what a great experience and the memories of that day will last a life time!!

Reviewed 21 March 2018

My girlfriends and I visited Hotel Riu Guanacaste and had no itinerary planned since our trip was so short. We met Roberto on the beach and talked about what we may want to do. He made a few suggestions so we decided to do an ATV tour. The tour time allowed us to visit 2 beaches and watch the sunset. We had so much fun that we went back to Roberto to book another tour. The 2nd tour included the Cortez Waterfall and Las Hornillas Volcano Hot Springs which is a must-do! Randy was the absolute best guide you could ask for. He made sure our experience was A+. The day did not feel rushed and we were able to make a few stops along the way for some cashew fruit, coconut water, souvenirs and a bazaar where we were able to taste freshly made chorreda (corn pancakes). Randy took care of my camera and captured some great photos of all of us enjoying the scenery. Randy even helped coordinate a horseback ride for all of us when we returned to the hotel. You cannot go wrong with Roberto with Gecko! You will find Roberto at the main entrance to the beach. Look for the TripAdvisor flag and be sure to tell him Pamela sent you! :-)

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 February 2018

GeckoTico, and its owner Roberto, are AWESOME. I was hesitant about going with a company from the beach, but I saw Roberto's TripAdvisor flag and looked the company up, and the amazing reviews convinced me. And now I'm writing my own amazing review. We did two tours with them. They were our two best days in this beautiful country. First we did the MegaCombo tour at Buena Vista. That was a great, and very active, tour. We ziplined, rode a water slide in the rain forest, went horseback riding, took a short hike to a waterfall, had a delicious buffet lunch, and relaxed in hot springs. Grey was our guide, and he was awesome. He was funny and friendly...he was fantastic with the two kids on our tour. When we stopped at a grocery store so I could buy sunblock, he stood in line with me while I paid and made sure I understood the amount I was paying in US dollars. He took people's cameras for the afternoon to take pictures for everyone. By the end of the day, he wasn't a guide, he was a friend.
The next day we went with Roberto's brother Randy to see sloths and to visit a beautiful waterfall. We were lucky to have a private tour. We asked Randy if he'd take us to his favorite place to get a fruit smoothie and he was happy to stop for us and recommend his favorite flavor combo. The he drove us to Bijaqua to see (and hold!) sloths. You can see them up in the trees, and the babies were low down so we could see them so closely and even hold a little baby. He was so good with our ten year old son, and he enjoyed finding various frogs for him. I told Randy I really wanted to see a toucan in the wild, and he was genuinely excited when he spotted one and pointed it out to me. A moment later we saw a wild parrot fly overhead. We ate a delicious authentic meal, and again-we were eating with a new friend. He then took us to the waterfall-gorgeous. He sat with our bags while we swam, and when he noticed my husband taking pictures of my son and I, he would get up and take pictures of all of us.
Don't hesitate to book tours with Roberto-he has his "office" on the beach of the Riu Guanacaste-he is friendly and you can tell he loves his job. These guys are fantastic. If you see this, Roberto...THANK YOU so much from Heather, Scott and Bryce in New York-you're the best!

2  Thank Heather8977