“Great info from a wonderful gentleman”

Down to Earth Coffee Shop
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Description: Come visit for true coffee knowledge and outstanding coffee quality. This is the location where we sell the coffee that we Grow, Mill & Roast in our Dota/Tarrazu plantation. Our coffee shop/store is in a new location, surrounded by a coffee plantation. Come have a cup of coffee, take coffee home or take our Coffee Tour. You will love our new setting. We have tables and rocking chairs right by our coffee plantation.
Reviewed 5 November 2018

My wife and I were recommended by a friend to spend a couple of hours at Down to Earth Coffee Shop. We did and we were quite happy in doing so. Matias is a wonderful host, very informative and a passionate coffee cultivator and educator. We learned so much and had such a pleasant time in his company. And yes, I may have developed a bit of a taste for coffee!

Reviewed 19 October 2018

Matias is seriously the master of his craft! Extremely knowledgable about what he does, and deeply passionate, he will instill excitement and wonder even in those who don't drink coffee. (I arrived not liking coffee at all, but one cup of his cortado changed me.)

The experience is worth your time and money, being one of the more affordable coffee tours offered in Fortuna. His plantation is on a beautiful road with stunning views of the volcano. I got to eat a couple of ripe coffee beans right off the trees! I can't say enough good things about him, his coffee, or his hospitality!!

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Mattias was a great host with an interesting story to tell. Our one and a half hour tour turned into almost three hours. He was so welcoming, knowledgeable and funny. He even gave us the opportunity to add to his nursery by planting new coffee plants! If you do one coffee tour in Costa Rica, then choose this one. It's very personal and his coffee is delicious.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

The best coffee of all, enjoy my visit to this place very much, it is wonderful as the attention is very personalized and without doubt we had a great time.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 27 July 2018

So blink and you'll miss it when your passing, I had to turn around and come back, doesn't look like a coffee shop except for the posters, but it's worth going to. Best coffee in Costa Rica, some of the best I've had in the world. Coffee is amazing especially with the Sun dried coffee fruit. Great Service, would recommend to all. Worth noting there's no food here, just great coffee and tea. Do sell coffee to take away as well as coffee liquor, he was right when he said when we tasted it we would buy two

Date of visit: July 2018