“Great steak”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Costa Rican, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We were recommended to go to this place by several locals. However 1 local said he would tell us honestly that this restaurant is the priciest in la Fortuna and we could have had the same steak for less at another restaurant. Nevertheless, I loved it. It was a nice restaurant with good friendly service and the steak was amazingly fresh and well seasoned.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1 383)

9 - 13 of 1 383 reviews

Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

Taxi driver recommended this restaurant for the best steak in town, and he was so right!!! The service was attentive and friendly from the moment we arrived. We don't drink wine, but they had a lot of wine available! The waiter recommended the ceviche and the rib eye steak special , and that's what we ordered. The ceviche was lovely and not too overpowering with the lime. The steaks came out on a flaming plate... like literally on fire! Very entertaining. The steaks were just amazing. Grass fed, local beef and it was just delicious and so tasty. Proper top quality steak. Absolutely recommend. We thought it was a really fair price too for what we had. The steaks were about 16oz and were about $25. They came with veg, potatoes and a garlicy sauce.
A MUST VISIT whilst in La Fortuna!!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

I totally recommend the ceviche! Probably the best one in town hands down! The rest of the food was eh. I was recommended by our waiter to try the fish with seafood sauce, it was way too salty for me, would have been better with pasta. My husband had the steak which was okay as well.

Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

Several locals who my friend and I met recommended Nene's for dinner, and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent (I got nachos with beef and my friend ordered rice and veggies), and the staff there went above and beyond to help me find a cellphone repair shop, since mine got damaged earlier in the day. They even called the shop and got me directions to it. Excellent food and excellent service!

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

We were disapointed with the 5 plates. The only good thing was the starter "ceviche". Small portion, frozen vegetables tastless.