All reviews free shuttle san jose costa rica rooms are clean shuttle service residential neighborhood nice grounds next morning free breakfast great place to stay an oasis felt safe hot water bring earplugs gift shop rental car common areas
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay for our early flight, and I do mean early, we had to leave by 3am to get our rental car back and make it to the airport. The host was EXTREMELY accommodating!! Right from the minute we arrived the service was exceptional.

We had our meal and wine which I admit was VERY expensive for the quality, however you are in the middle of no where here so you can’t be choosy.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This might be the worst hotel experience we’ve ever had. First off, the room we stayed in felt as if we were staying in someone’s apartment. As if right before we came, someone had been living in the room but cleaned up beforehand. The bed is very old and had an indent in the middle so our bodies would naturally move to the middle, very uncomfortable.

There were bugs all over the place which didn’t let us sleep! At night, it’s very noisy, with planes but even worse at least one cat meowing all night long! And since the parking lot is right next to the rooms, the curtains let in the light from the cars that come in, waking us up on multiple occasions.

Here is the absolute worse part! It was around 3pm. We were trying to sleep and someone from the hotel comes knocking on our room. They came to ask me about a rental car that I had already confirmed with someone the day before. Next, it was around 8:45am and we got another knock on our door telling us that breakfast was about to end. Okay, we get it we don’t need reminders... we need privacy! There are no phones in the room, just a tv with cable which was nice.

We had dinner there one night and the food wasn’t that bad, I ordered a pizza and I think it was made using an old school oven which I liked.

Oh yea. And that cat, though it’s a very nice cat which I will add, we saw sleeping inside the spa queen size bed (what a good life).

Although this was a horrible experience, we did get a free shuttle to the airport at 4am. Right on time.

This hotel may be good for those on a real budget who may need only a day, maybe maybe 2. But beware, you get what you pay fore.

1  Thank Alberto S
Reviewed 8 July 2018

I found this room on a hotel website for only $38. I wanted to be near the airport for convenience for my flight back to the U.S. the next day. Room was nice, ac and tv. Grounds were nice, pool looked just average. In a country like setting. Free shuttle to the airport. They have a small restaurant and bar. I had walked up the street to the small area of stores, found a small fried chicken place and got two pieces of chicken to bring back to room for like $2.00. Ordered french fries and coconut flan from the hotel restaurant. The french fries were unbelievably good! Great value, and the shuttle takes you right to the airport, ten minutes away.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Stayed at Hotel Brilla Sol our first night in country before heading west to Domincal - a bit out of the way but they have a great shuttle from the Airport - service was good and rooms comfy - truly appreciate being able to check in early and get some sleep after a redeye flight.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

This was the first and last place we stayed for our trip to Costa Rica. We didn’t know what to expect but when the gate opened it was beautiful. A very beautiful garden area with many places to sit and relax. Bright colors, beautiful landscaping, the music playing was enjoyable. A “stray” cat stays around to keep everyone entertained. Met some nice travelers, breakfast was delicious, staff are very friendly. The rooms are great for the price. When we visit again, I would like to stay here again and start our next adventure through Costa Rica. It is close to the airport and they offer shuttle service.

Date of stay: June 2018