All reviewsmuscle shoalsalabama music hall of famechain hotelsdesk and chairnatchez trace parkwaybreakfast was includedbeautiful hotelan excellent place to stayshoals arearattlesnake salooncoffee makerbed was comfortablethree nightshot watersouthern hospitalitydefinitely stay here againhelen keller
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Stayed in this hotel while traveling on a motorcycle trip. I didn't use the pool, gym or breakfast area. The room was clean and the staff were friendly. Check In process was GREAT as there was a line of people when I came in. An employee that was leaving for the day turned around and clocked back in to help with checking us all in.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 29 May 2018

This past weekend, the Fellow and I stayed in Muscle Shoals so that we could attend a wedding in nearby Florence. He was underwhelmed by the lodging options closer to the actual wedding site, and he chose this one instead. 'It has a staircase' he mentioned.

It was fantastically charming - everything you would expect in the South: friendly staff, lush decor, comfortable rooms. The only suggestion I'd make for the staff: have black tea as well as green at breakfast. Green tea's wonderful, but sometimes one needs a bit more caffeine in the morning, and coffee and I fight. :/

Overall, it was a lovely place, and I'd certainly go back there again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Donna R, General Manager at The Coldwater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Hi Leah Y,

Thank you so much for your review and your compliments on ColdWater Inn. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your recommendation of adding black tea to our breakfast options. Thank you for your suggestion and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to the Shoals area.

Safe travels,

Donna

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We weren't sure what to expect since we booked online. As we walked up we were quite pleasently surprised. Beautiful stairway as you walk into foyer . Krista at the desk couldnt have been more helpful.She is excellent.Everyone was extremely courteous. Definitely would recommend.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I’ll start with the bad: the room was a bit of a disappointment after seeing the lovely lobby. The carpet is quite dated, and the bathroom was not real clean. There was something funky looking in the soap dish in the shower, and while in the shower, I could see that the toilet was dirty on the bottom. The good: the bed was comfortable, the room price is quite reasonable, the breakfast had a good variety of items to eat, and the staff we encountered were friendly.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I had the pleasure of spending two nights at the Cold Water Inn in Tuscumbia in early April, 2018. I was looking for a comfortable place to stay on my trip up the Natchez Trace Parkway so I naturally checked out TripAdvisor. I loved the pictures and reviews of this hotel and the cost per night was very reasonable. I made a reservation and the next day received a call from the manager, Donna, making sure she chose the right room for my specific needs. I knew from the kind way she spoke to me that my decision to stay there was a good one. Upon arrival at the Inn, my friend and I were greeted with warmth and hospitality by the evening check-in lady, Candy. I felt like I had known her all my life. She made sure our every need was met. Candy gave us excellent information about things to do and places to eat in the area. The second night we were there, Candy was hosting a guest wine gathering that we attended. She did a great job of making everyone comfortable and we enjoyed every minute of that little party. About the hotel: We had stayed previous nights in some not-so-comfortable places so we were so pleased when we got to the Inn. This hotel is beautiful. The first thing you see when you enter is a magnificent curved double staircase that goes up to the second floor. You will want your picture taken by this architectural feature. As far as the rooms are concerned, we had a handicapped room and it was clean, roomy and comfortable. The personal products (shampoo, conditioner, soap etc.) is the best smelling stuff I have ever used. My only suggestion for any short, handicapped person staying here is to bring a little step stool to get on the high bed. Other than that, the beds are comfortable, the room was safe and the shower was perfect for a handicapped person. I was sad when it was time to continue with our trip because the employees of the Cold Water Inn had become like family to us. We have left many motels in our years of travel but this was a different feeling - like we didn't want to leave. When we checked out and got 2 miles down the road, we both looked at each other and said "Can we to go back to the Inn now?" We will be going back again to spend a few nights with the friendliest people we've ever met.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the Inn.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Donna R, General Manager at The Coldwater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear sweetshrub,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of the ColdWater Inn. We are so pleased that you and your friend enjoyed your time with us! Thank you for your compliments on our unique Manager's Reception, our comfortable beds, and our friendly staff. We enjoy making every guest feel welcome in our beautiful hotel. Thanks again for your glowing recommendation and we welcome you to our ColdWater Family! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Safe travels,