“Very disappointing, but at least happy hour prices! ”

Parish Seafood & Oyster House
Ranked #2 of 70 Restaurants in Trussville
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Worst hush puppies we’ve Ever had & been eating them for 70+ yrs. they were almost burned and inside/yuk. Also very over-fried crab cake & sadly bland gumbo. Oysters were good but needed 2 per cracker they were so small & some appeared macerated before they got to us and crowning glory is the bottled beer was so warm my ice I added was almost immediately dissolved! Very dissatisfied. Never will go back & that’s a shame! Oysters are hard to find this far (5hrs) from the coast!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

It’s a small place but delicious food. The gumbo is worth a try, my favorite! You can’t go wrong with anything on the menu.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I've tried eating here both in the evening and for lunch and it is always terribly noisy and a tad too warm. They are only open from 12:00pm - 3:00pm on Sundays yet they were out of catfish and crab cakes by the time we arrived at 12:30pm. The slaw is almost inedible due to the huge shreds of cabbage. Both small bowls of slaw had pieces that included part of the cabbage core. The medley - Red beans & rice, Shrimp Etoufee and Gumbo was good but had to ask for different bread since the hushpuppies were too hot with pepper for me to enjoy. The shrimp were lightly battered as advertised and pretty tasty. Atmosphere reminds me of being at the beach, - casual, noisy, and overpriced seafood. Also - be aware that the front dining room is mostly devoted to noisy bar which is always crowded.

1  Thank Bjaya
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Never a bad expierence when I go. I try different dishes and so far this place has exceeded my expectations. Especially being a native of New Orleans......

1  Thank Janet S
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

This place is awesome-better every time we go!!! Looking forward to when they open the other one in Helena Al.

1  Thank sheadunlapcates