US$111
US$80
Hotels.com
McCaig Motel(Lincoln)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmade us feelat homemy husband and igarden roombreakfasts were wonderfulgorgeous viewsjacuzzi tubevery morningget awayellenanniversaryhostbirminghamporchweekendrelaxationgourmet
Reviewed 18 March 2018

We just spend a weekend for our 15th anniversary and we were very pleased. Room was lovely and comfortable. Richard and Ellen were very hospitable. The area is quiet and peaceful and great for relaxing and getting away for awhile. Breakfasts were wonderful as well.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

The location and amenities of the bed and breakfast itself were fantastic, which is mainly why the review is getting 2 stars instead of only 1. The house was beautiful and the rooms were very comfortable. The host, however, was not fantastic. The first thing that put both of us off was the hosts’ ever present sexism. The second thing were his “gourmet” breakfasts. He continually attempted to serve us calorie laden, bland dishes that were much too large for even a small family to finish (I stayed here with only one other person). The third, and final, issue we both had with the host was his incessant promotion of the venue. He dominated every conversation we had with him about how great his bed and breakfast was for everything from weddings to anniversaries.

If you enjoy having someone force their beliefs on you and being frequently talked down to and judged, this would be a great get away for a weekend. The hosts are, unfortunately, very stereotypically southern and set in their ways. If not, do yourself a favor, and just stay in Birmingham.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terry R
Reviewed 20 February 2018

We stayed here when my fiance proposed and it was a strange experience. Richard, the owner was very sexist, asking about my fiance's job and life and praising him while never speaking to me except to make demeaning comments. It was uncomfortable. Throughout conversation religious views were continuously tried to be pushed upon us even though we tried to disengage. The room we stayed in was beautiful, but the property itself is very remote with no stores or restaraunts in the 15-mile radius. On the last day we were served a cold soup for breakfast that consisted of coconut, sweet potatoe, and melted vanilla blue bell ice cream. The host also instructed us, somewhat threatingly, that if we didn't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all in a review. Not a great experience and not the experience you want to remember of the weekend you were proposed to.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lucy F
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent our anniversary at River Rest B&B. One of the nicest places we have ever stayed. Our hosts were so very friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay special. I had flowers in our room as a special request from my husband. There were refreshments provided and the breakfasts were wonderful. Would recommend to anyone wanting to get away from it all and relax. The hammock was so comfortable as well as the porches and decks. View of lake can't be beat. Can't wait to return.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anita m
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in the Lakewood room. The bed may have been the most comfortable bed we've ever slept on.

I wanted to get up to watch the sunrise over the lake but couldn't bring myself to do it because I was so comfortable. I wish I had so I could have worked up more of an appetite for breakfast because it was delicious and the portion size was humongous.

The waterfront included a little sandy beach. It was beautiful and great for swimming. Also there were rafts available, a paddle boat, a kayak, chairs, and umbrellas. Beach towels were also provided.

The house was spotless. The host was friendly. Anything we needed was provided. We had an awesome stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple