Reviews (1 466)
1 466 results
All reviews yuyuan garden free mini bar walking distance yuyuan metro station renmin road coffee machine minute walk city view location is great breakfast buffet sitting area reception area bottled water english speaking staff nice bathroom people's square higher floor
121 - 126 of 1 466 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is the second time in 5 months we have stayed in this hotel. Great location, just a few minutes walk to the Metro, good breakfast, nice room and friendly staff. We will stay here next time we visit Shanghai later this year. Nice bar next door too :)

Room Tip: 3rd floor is good
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosalind R
SSAW Boutique H... B, Manager at SSAW Boutique Hotel Shanghai Bund, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Rosalind R,

Thank you very much for taking the time sharing your experiences with us regarding your most recent stays at SSAW Boutique Hotel Shanghai Bund. It has been our pleasure having you here for two times already and we sincerely hope we have the opportunity welcoming you here again another time soon.

We are happy to understand you enjoyed our central location in the heart of Shanghai, close to the metro station and several Shanghai attractions. Please be certain that I will share your comments regarding our good breakfast selection and friendly staff with our entire team. I am sure everyone will be delighted reading your positive comments and this will definitely act as an encouragement continuing delighting our future guests.

Once again, thank you very much for choosing our hotel when you are in this beautiful city and we wish you pleasant upcoming travels.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

3-star price but 5-star enjoyment in every aspect including cleanliness, food quality and services.
Particularly, I have to mention the buffet breakfast. Variety of food and drink to choose is very impressive.

Room Tip: Get a city view room.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ahlo66
SSAW Boutique H... B, Manager at SSAW Boutique Hotel Shanghai Bund, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Ahlo66,

We would like to thank you for staying at SSAW Boutique Hotel Shanghai Bund recently and for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. We truly appreciate your time and efforts writing your review for us and all travelers.

We are absolutely thrilled reading your comments about our cleanliness, food quality and all other services we offer. In addition, I will surely forward your positive feedback about our breakfast buffet with our kitchen team. They are all working very hard to ensure all our valued guests enjoy their breakfast in the morning before heading out for business or sightseeing. Thank you very much for pointing this out to us and we sincerely hope to have the pleasure welcoming you here again.

You can always reach out to us directly if you have any further questions or if you require assistance from us- we can be reached at 'zhongxing@ssawhotels.com'. Once again, thank you for your positive review and we wish you safe and pleasant upcoming travels.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I must say the price that I paid is well worth it as it includes free minibar with 2 cans of Coke,water and also a pack of Okra chips which might be uncommon for foreign tourists,complimentary 2 bottle of water in room and also more if you need is available from the fridge beside the reception.
Tea was also provided in room(English tea,green tea and also okra flower tea),and also a pod coffee machine. In addition,teabags and coffee machine is also provided at the reception area so guests can help themselves to some warm drink
The bathroom amenities are complete and the hotel even provide 2 type of shower gel(one for morning and also evening)
I must say that the evening snack is quite substantial with fried rice,noodles,buns,bread,porridge,steamed vegetables,etc.
Another free service provided by the hotel is free self laundry but to get the machine to work is rather annoying process but somehow managed to work it out
Last but not least the Wechat travel blog helps me a lot in exploring Shanghai
After all the positive point,time to point out a minor negative point.I notice that the welcome tea was selectively served as I was not served the tea while checking in
All in a good value boutique hotel

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
SSAW Boutique H... B, Manager at SSAW Boutique Hotel Shanghai Bund, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Teo2451991,

We are really pleased reading your comments regarding your most recent stay at SSAW Boutique Hotel Shanghai Bund. We always appreciate both positive and constructive feedback from our guests and I will definitely share all your comments with our entire team.

We are all working very hard to ensure all our valued guests enjoy their time in this beautiful city and I am happy to understand you enjoyed several aspects of our hotel, such as our complimentary amenities. We indeed offer different free services to all guests, such as free drinks in the mini bar, a free midnight snack and free laundry facilities. I am also pleased to understand you appreciated our travel blog about Shanghai, which I created last year. I am planning to write more articles soon and hopefully you will find the chance visiting us again in the future.

Besides all the positive points, we are very sorry to understand you did not receive our welcome tea upon your arrival. We indeed serve hot tea during the winter and a cold drink with fresh mint and lime during the summer time. This should absolutely be given to all our guests upon check-in and I will definitely share your comment with our front desk team. Please accept our apologies but please be certain that we did not give you the welcome tea on purpose.

We now look forward welcoming you here again soon and we sincerely hope you will stay with us again as our valued guest. Please do not hesitate contacting us directly should you require any further assistance. We can be reached by email: zhongxing@ssawhotels.com.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a very pleasant stay while in Shanghai. The hotel rooms were very clean and spacious. The hotel is centrally located so you can walk to most areas of interest. When we arrived there were some issues with our booking but it needs to be noted that hotel staff immediately resolved it and provided us with room upgrade and free breakfast for the rest of our stay (the breakfast buffet is great as well). The hotel lobby provides information to guests on all major attractions, providing walking directions each (this is very helpful).

The hotel provides complimentary water bottles, tea and coffee which is a nice bonus.

Hotel staff are extremely helpful and attentive. A special acknowledgement to Nialls who was extremely helpful and provided excellent service.

Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018

Dear Rodoho,

Warm greetings from the entire team here at SSAW Boutique Hotel Shanghai Bund. Thank you very much for taking the time sharing your experiences with us and the TripAdvisor community - I am sure that many readers will appreciate the information you shared in your review.

Let me once again apologize for the issue with your booking upon your arrival, we felt very sorry and we did our utmost finding a solution for you and your friend. We are very happy to read that you had a great stay with us and mentioned that you believe our hotel staff are extremely helpful and attentive. A while ago, I created a special travel blog about Shanghai, including directions from our hotel and I am happy to read you enjoyed using this.

Once again, thank you very much for choosing our hotel when you visited this beautiful city recently and we sincerely hope to have the pleasure welcoming both of you here again. In the meantime, we wish you safe travels and all the best!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Very clean hotel. Centrally located. Friendly staff (Neil is an absolute professional). Breakfast is good but sometimes crowded. Need more coffee machines. Shower is great, rain water shower head with a nice spray hose. Late night snack is welcome when arriving late. 6 stars if I could give them.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Gring0bill,

I would like to use this opportunity to thank you for sharing your positive yet constructive comments with us and the TripAdvisor community. It has been our pleasure having you and your wife here with us last week while in Shanghai.

Please be certain that I will share your comments with our entire team during our weekly meeting where we discuss all incoming reviews. I am sure that they will enjoy reading your comments regarding our central location, friendly staff and our complimentary midnight snack. In addition, I will definitely forward your comment about the extra coffee machine to our manager in order to improve this aspect of our breakfast. We are always open for constructive feedback, which gives us the opportunity improving ourselves at all times.

We sincerely hope that you have enjoyed your valued time in Shanghai and please do not hesitate contacting us directly if you require further information or assistance from us. For now, we wish you safe upcoming travels and all the best.