All reviews pudong avenue metro station huangpu river business district breakfast buffet nice gym business trip hotel is located stayed for nights corner room business hotel perfect hotel the executive lounge the pearl high floor pudong airport taxi
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I loved this hotel - I was upgraded to the Eton Room and absolutely loved the views. The room was very spacious and clean, the bathroom gorgeous, and my absolute favourite was the massive square bathtub which overlooked the river and beyond. As this was a corner room, the floor to ceiling glass walls brought plenty of natural light into the room.

Breakfast was good, it has the standard hotel breakfast spread - both western and eastern. The gym was very spacious and the pool looked gorgeous.

The hotel is right across the road from Pudong Avenue station, and a few minutes by taxi will take you right into the heart of Lujiazui. There’s a convenience store outside the hotel (in the same building).

Customer service was great, a lot more better than a lot of other hotels in the region.

I highly recommend this hotel and will be back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Jessica Z, Public Relations Manager at The Eton Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Natalie L,

Thank you for staying at the Eton Hotel Shanghai and taking the time to share your feedback with us on tripadvisor regarding your stay.

We are glad to know your were very satisfied with your experience during your staying. As you mentioned, we have a great location to easy access everywhere in town.

We are looking forward to your next time's visiting and find more new fresh and wonderful thing in Shanghai!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

I was there from June 15-19, 2018 with my daughter. Although it said it was a 5-star hotel, given the price we paid I expected about a 2-3 and I was right. The place was clean and spacious enough but very old and needs a revamp. English is spoken by a certain few staff members if you get lucky but service was prompt and efficient. It wasn't the perfect, most relaxing stay I have ever had but given the price I paid for the long weekend holiday in Shanghai (it was Tuen Ng Festival), I knew I was in for a mediocre hotel with so-so service. No surprises.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank EdithL759
Jessica Z, Public Relations Manager at The Eton Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Edith L,

We have been taken your comments very seriously and communicated to related department. Your comments have been addressed to our senior management for further improvement.

We sorry again for the inconvenience caused to you this time, please believe that we will try our best to improve the English training standard to achieve your expectation. Welcome back again.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Great value for money if you manage to get the discounted prices advertised on the net. Located in quiet area but next to Metro and bus stop. Taxi's can be ordered via the lobby staff and cost peanuts. Front size of building has road construction ongoing, so I prefer the backside rooms with river view. Rooms are very clean and nice, although furniture a bit vintage by now. Bathroom is upscale. Hotel food offers large choice, including some European meals. Selected staff speak decent English. Check-in/out seems a bit bureaucratic...One recommendation to the hotel : please finally change elevator music...been the same since 15 years :-). And yes, I will be back!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Jessica Z, Public Relations Manager at The Eton Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear janinharrow,

As you mentioned, we are pleased to read that you were satisfied with our convenient location and delicious buffet. We are glad to know that you were satisfied with our guest room.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

The Eton Hotel is a high quality hotel away from the centre of Shanghai but close to the airport. A choice of restaurants, gym and swimming pool. The reception staff can struggle with English. Rooms are clean and tidy.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side can have a view of the river.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Jessica Z, Public Relations Manager at The Eton Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Aaron R,

Thank you for staying at the Eton Hotel Shanghai and taking time to share your valued comments with us on your last stay.

The Eton Hotel Shanghai is strategically located in the heart of Pudong Lujiazui Financial and Trade Zone. Metro Line 4 is just opposite of the hotel and 40 minutes drive from Pudong International Airport.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

I stayed for 5 nights and the best part is the location..
I had a corner room with views of the Huangpu river and the Shanghai financial tower and new Pudong area..
Walking distance to subway and the riverfront ..
Nice and comfortable stay !!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business