All reviews century avenue metro station star hotel rooftop pool starbucks coffee beijing duck an executive suite shopping mall nice hotel good size financial district single bed bit worn hotel located business trip subway line international hotel pudong airport
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed there with my partner for 2 nights. The hotel looks very posh and elegant at the entrance but the room we had was not as such. It had a faint smell of cigarettes (neither of us is a smoker) and we found a pair of socks behind the sofa chair which made us wonder how thorough the room was cleaned.
In the bathroom the furniture was old and in some parts the outer layer was peeling off.
The view was good though and we were happy with the location as well, quite close to the metro station.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sabinap605
Reviewed 25 May 2018

I had booked this hotel for 3 nights for twin bed rooms since we were 2 person staying, but when I reached the hotel the twin bed rooms were not available and the person at the check in counter upgraded us to the executive rooms but it too had a single bed, but no complaints since the view from the room was great and good room but not spacious and executive rooms had curtains for bathrooms and not walls. Location was very good, close to metro station , quite a number of restaurants around.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2018

Stayed here for 4 nights while visiting a trade fair in Shanghai. Most definitely not a 5-star hotel.

Herewith pros and cons

Pros:
- Well located in a quiet and clean area. Lots of restaurants, shops and malls around.
- There is a Starbucks accessible from the lobby.
- Near underground metro. Taxis was relatively easy to catch from the hotel.

Cons:
- Dated bedrooms - definitely not five star by a long shot.
- The bathroom was a bit stuffy and the shower was in the batch with a curtain. For a five star you expect a separate proper shower.
- Wifi was not very good while we were staying there.

Not bad, may stay here again when in Shanghai.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

First of all, this isnt a 5 star hotel. Its a 3 star hotel at the most.

Breakfast was good.

Location was good.

The rooms wallpaper was falling apart and the room as a whole had a consumed feel to it.

Bathroom was small.

Language barrier was the biggest issue.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2018

Staying for several days at the Grand Trustel Purple Mountain in Shanghai I was, when arriving to the lobby in the evenings, each time approached by women offering female services. Either this could be by one of a group standing outside at the taxi entrance following me through the door towards the elevators verbally trying to get my attention with tenacity or by one waiting to approach me inside.
This is an illegal act which clearly compromises the compliance with Chinese law.
Upon my leaving the last day I confronted the manager in charge with these observations and experiences which is fully obvious to anyone as these women where surely not trying to disguise there intend. The manager did not appear to comprehend my accusations and acted stupid instead asking me to help with a taxi for the airport.
I intentionally waited until my leaving to convey these observations to prevent any kind of possible compensation during my stay.
I, in very clear wording, expressed that I chose this hotel for being rated at a quality business class level but also expressed the expectation that next time I will stay at that hotel I will not be offered such services on their premises or the above headline to get someone’s attention will be posted on Tripadvisor without hesitation. Obviously, he did not consider that as a fact or thread and offered to help me to the taxi.
Hence, on second thought and by the nature of the managers superior behavior, I believe nothing to change and will chose a different hotel next time in Shanghai.
Frankly, I don't care about the construction of the hotels business plan and if extended services other than the public announced, like these, are part of it. I care about not being:
1) subject to exposures within premises I should consider sanctuary for illegal businesses that may cause me severe penalties in a foreign country
2) challenged on my integrity in person