“Awesome food in the financial district”

Din Tai Fung (World Financial Center)
Ranked #57 of 17 422 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Chinese, Taiwanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lujiazui
Reviewed 2 April 2018

While not as amazing as the mothership in Taipei, this DTF definitely lives up the expectations. I'd place it in the top 3 I have been to. The food was – as usual – excellent. The greens are always delicious and the dumplings to die for. I had 25 this time and my only regret is not having a partner in crime with me that would indulge at these levels. The sweet coconut soup with taro is a nice addition to the dessert menu. Definitely going back.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

No matter which branch we hopped into, the food was delicious and the service was efficient and correct. Dumpling soup was nourishing with a healing effect.
The other dumplings were good and fresh.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

My colleagues said I could not leave Shanghai, without trying this place, so I did. Glad that I did!

LOCATION: Shanghai World Financial Center.

ATMOSPHERE: Nice, for a mall location! See pix.

STAFF: Everyone was very nice! Some did not speak English, but they'd get someone that did, and all was well. Not pushy, very friendly and efficient.

PRICES: Decent!

FOOD: LOVED IT! Got the dumplings, multiple varieties. Cooked perfectly! And they had a nice guide on how to eat them with Ginger and Vinegar. Excellent taste, and super after-taste. Good quality ingredients. And the dessert dumplings were excellent as well.

BEVERAGES: I got the Pellegrino Sparkling Water, as well as the Tsingtao Chinese beer = cold and frosty and tasty!

RECOMMENDED = do try it before you leave Shanghai! See pictures....

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We had a late dinner here after a river cruise. Nice food and friendly staff. We will be back for sure

Reviewed 18 December 2017

The dumplings were fantastic, quite expensive considering the cost of street dumplings in Shanghai but for $20 Australia it was still good value for 10 dumplings.

1  Thank Meeeez