“Shanghai Dumplings - delicious!”

Yang's Fried Dumplings (HuangHe Road)
Ranked #45 of 17 388 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: People’s Square
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

This is the most popular trend with the locals at the moment. Shanghai Xiaolong boa that’s been modernised.

The famous Xiaolong dumplings is normally steams with soup inside, but at the moment that’s a popular trend with the locals are the pan fried dumplings with soup inside.

The size of these dumplings are generous you can easily get full on 3, most popular ones are the pork but my favourite is the shrimp. Many people order a bowl of noodles to accompany this dish but I find that the dumplings itself is very filling.

Worth a try when your in town, Yang’s dumpling is a franchised and can be found around most of the tourist and local attractions or in the malls.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing dumplings. Good vegetarian option! You can actually see them making and the whole process. Extremely cheap!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

At first I didn't liked dumplings but a friend of mine talked about this one and I really loved it !

I really suggest you Yang's dumplings :) 18 RMB for 4 dumplings, I had enough, they are very consistent !

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Can recommend these dumplings. Got value for your money. And the filling is delicious. We haven't tried the soups but looking around we figured out all Chinese took dumplings and soup. I'd recommend doing the same I guess.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

OK - so it's like a Chinese Maccas - incredibly popular, fast and cheap. We had a plate each of the mixed local specialty for 21Yuan. There is a knack to sucking out the soup and then eating the delicious filling. But the staff brought two aussies little plastic gloves as the trick of using chopsticks and extracting the soup elegantly was beyond us. Ideal lunch when moving around the city.

2  Thank Bruiser56