“Should have listened to the reviews!! In desperate need of competent management. ”

Franco's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 152 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Reviews about service were dead on target. You can read prior reviews, no need to repeat everything. There was a sense of confusion and micro “mismanagement”. Employees couldn’t seem to shake the atmosphere of “you can’t do anything right”. Also felt as if there was a power struggle among the family members who manage/own the place. They acted as if they were at home with the pettiness and nonchalant attitude they displayed. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, seemed disappointed with the service. I spoke with a lady who was leaving who said the service sucked. When I entered the restaurant a customer was complaining about the service as he was paying. They also ran out of there “famous” bread. Had to ask a couple of time for drink refills before we got them. All of this happened before the place filled up.

The FOOD was decent and acceptable.

Ate at this place 1 year ago and service wasn’t the best. Now it has hit rock bottom. This is sad because this used to be a decent restaurant in a good location

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have gone to Franco’s for a couple of years while on vacation. Well, I think last night was our last.

We waited for about 5 minutes before being acknowledged by the hostess. When we were seated, the hostess asked to take our drinks as we waited for the waiter. She explained they were a little short handed but the waiter would stop by momentarily. About 40 minutes later, no waiter stopped by. The people who were seated behind us were waited on, before we were even acknowledged. One of the busboys saw us sitting there and did bring out a bowl of salad. So we decided to wait 5 more minutes because maybe this meant the waiter was fixing to come take our order. Nope....

My husband and I stood up to leave. I went to the register to pay for the coke ordered, and said we were never waited on so I wanted to pay for our drinks. The lady that seated us said ok, and she stated she was sorry. Then walked away. I was slightly confused at this point. Then a gentleman comes up and asked if he could help me, and at this point I was a little bit frustrated , I said no one waited on us and I wanted to pay for my drink. He told me it was on the house so I left. As I got out the door, the gentleman asked me, if I was never waited on, how did I get the coke? I politely explained that the hostess who seated us brought out the coke.

I think that they were understaffed and very disorganized. The waiters were constantly on the go as well as the cashier, but the older lady I took to be the hostess. Just walked around looking confused. I don’t know what happened to this place, but was extremely, sad to see it go downhill.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We are local and have been loyal to Franco's for a long time. I'm sorry to say that last night was the last time we will go there. We were there 2 hours and witnessed intoxicated employees, loud vulgarity coming from kitchen, and was served food that we couldn't eat.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Walked in and there was a huge sign on the door that said they only take credit cards. I asked if they take cash and they said NO. What’s this all about???keeping track of tips? Don’t know. We were seated and I asked about their gluten free items like they advertise. They have No such items but they offered me wheat pasta which is gluten. We left without ordering. The place was almost empty, that should have been a clue about the place.

1  Thank Polkadot72
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This owner is awful and doesn’t care about her customers. The service was awful and we found metal in our pizza and she never apologized or tried to make it right!!! I say avoid at all costs and don’t waste your time or money!

1  Thank Kelly H