“Go Karts”
Review of Adventure Island

Adventure Island
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The volcano was awesome to see and the GoKarts were really good. Arcade was not the greatest but this is a very picturesque tourist spot.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"carts"
in 115 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We used to do a lot more at this place and the staff has always been great. Now we just play laser tag as the boys have gotten older. What impressed me most about this place is that they reinvest money back into the business. Normally tourist attractions slowly degrade over time because the owners want to bleed every drop of profit out of it and then wonder why people quit coming. Not this place. They have upgraded their laser tag system recently and did a full remodel of the building you play in. Best laser tag in the area as far as we are concerned.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a great choice for us when it was raining cats and dogs outside. Even though there were a lot of other people in there thinking the same thing, it wasn't too crowded. Might have had to wait a few minutes to play a certain game but we could always walk around and find another one to play. The only down side was that most of the games were ticket giving games and it seemed the ones my grandson chose always ran out and we had to find the only game attendant working to fix it. Of course the outside stuff putt putt and go carts weren't running due to the rain. But if it wasn't raining we would have been at the beach!!!

1  Thank DAKELLOGG
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great place for some family fun, from miniature golf, paddle boats, go karts, and a ton of games. They have coupons online for buy one get one on certain activities.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My son and I went to Adventure island. We didn't do a whole lot because I am a cheap skate and didn't want to burn $100 at this place. It can easily be done if you are not careful.

For starters, lets talk about the arcade games. Pretty much every where you go these days has the same "arcade games". It is just a stupid machine you put your money in and it will give you tickets to trade for prizes. I hate these things with a passion. You can easily dump $50 bucks on these stupid things if you are not careful, and you will get enough tickets for some crap prize that cost $5 at any Walmart. Did I mention I hate these "arcades"? It isn't like the arcades I grew up in playing street fighter/mortal combat/killer instinct with people lining up their quarters on the machine to be next to play the winner. That is an arcade.

The only redeeming thing about the games situation is they do have 4 pinball machines in a corner. These are not played for tickets. These are played for street cred like the old days, and to get your initials on the high score list like the 1980's hair band boss that you are. Two of the machines were broke down, but I enjoyed the one that I played. It was a good price as well. It was 50 cents for one play instead of the $1.00-2.00 ticket machine BS to try and win 10 tickets. Did I mention I hate the money grabbing ticket machines?

So we spent just a little money on the games, won 9 tickets, and ultimately threw them away back at the hotel room.

We played mini golf as well. It was $7.50 per person for an 18 hole course. Seems like an okay deal until we saw a different place on the way out of town that had $5 per person for unlimited holes.

If we were to visit Orange Beach again it would be a toss up as to whether we came back to this place or not.