“We got Take-Out on Vacation - A+”
Review of Shrimp Basket

Shrimp Basket
Ranked #29 of 152 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Our menu encompasses a great variety of original seafood and local favorites. Ranging from shrimp, fish, crab claws, and crawfish, we also provide po-boys, chicken, and sandwiches for land lovers. Don't forget about our specialty Roasted Red Pepper Bama Sauce over Fettuccine pasta! The goal at the Shrimp Basket is to provide enjoyable, affordable service to each and every one of our guests at whichever restaurant they choose to dine in. This is accomplished by our professional and well-trained staff working together to ensure that your memories are the best that they can be at the Shrimp Basket. It is no surprise that our popularity has magnified among locals and tourists alike as we continue to expand along the Gulf Coast. We are grillin', steamin', and fryin' for you!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We got take-out on vacation and ate in the our condo. I cannot speak to the atmosphere of the restaurant, but I can speak to the food.

We ordered several different meals and they were great. We orders shrimp, crabcakes and more. The take-out service was easy and the staff placed everything we needed in the take-out bags.

We would eat there again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 310)

81 - 85 of 1 310 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I really do not get all the excitement and hype about these places. It is a bunch of fried seafood. Nothing special about this place at all. I will say the service is really friendly at least. We sat at the bar to watch a game and get out of the heat for a bit. The beer lines desperately need to be cleaned; the beer tasted awful and I only took two sips and pushed it away from me. The bartender never asked about the beer or offered another one. The steamed shrimp were nearly impossible to peel (over cooked) and just didn’t have much flavor. Everyone raves about their fried shrimp but I would rather pay a few more bucks to get better shrimp and sides and better tasting tap beer.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The food here for the most part was disgusting. I knew I was in trouble when they brought out the bowl of Gumbo and it looked like a jello mold is was so congealed. All the rice was mushy and the food tasted like what would be expected to be served at a hospital or retirement home kitchen.

Also they were completely out of chicken and popcorn shrimp because they had a “big run” the night prior. That eliminates the two main items on kids menu. Looking back though, I wish they had been out of more stuff so I would have left prior to getting the awful food they had remaining to cook.

Blackened Redfish and Rice (not good)

Seafood Platter oysters (ok), stuffed crab (burned), shrimp (ok), catfish (good), fries (good), red beans and rice (horrible mush), Gumbo (some of worst I ever had)

kids grilled cheese (bad)

Kids quesadilla (bad)

Hush puppy appetizer (good)

———————————————-
Service was also unremarkable

Reviewed 27 June 2018

You can try a variety of seafood items here. The portions were so large, I had enough to take back for lunch the next day. The stuffed crab and shrimp gumbo were yummy! Next to a really cute ice cream and chocolate shop, too.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Great food, reasonable prices, great staff, short wait. We will be going back in August to Gulf Shores, will be eating at the Shrimp Basket again.

Been to Shrimp Basket? Share your experiences!