“Excellent foods and experience”
other travellers have booked this property
Our Private residence where home cooking class is held.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Our Private residence where home cooking class is held.
Malaya Nasi lemak
Veggie shrimp stir fry
Our sweets
Spices and ingredients
Malacca Town
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
MusaabMes...
“Excellent foods and experience”
Reviewed 4 April 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Food was excellent and the family are generally warm and friendly. OS were fantastic guy who knows how to cook. I would recommend him to my friends

Nguyen T
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Very considerate and kind”
Reviewed 3 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I and my friend stayed with their family for 1 night. They gave us delicious food and let us borrow 2 bicycles to go around Melaka. We regret that we missed the tour which Mr Os organized so well for us...but anyway we will absolutely come back there one day and stay longer.

Overall condition of the property Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Management Response
3 Apr 2016
Thank you and we look forward to hosting you once more in the future. Please come back to us.
MyWorldOu...
Barcelona, Spain
“Good Experience”
Reviewed 10 March 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I really enjoyed the home cooking workshop. Unfortuantely I was alone, so the price for 1 person seemed a lot, i was also leaving the next day so I could not take a lot of food with me. The price of the workshop, in my opinion suits if you are a group or if you are staying for a few days as you can get to eat that food during the week. Despite this, my experience with Os, his wife and son was excellent and I really enjoyed being with them. Os was very fast in senidng me the recipies.

In terms of staying you can stay with Os family but that means you have to take two buses into the city, or you can stay in their house near the bus station, this one is more convenient but you miss out on living with the family. Os picked me up at the arranged time and showed me the area, he was there for anythign that was needed.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Yoghurt W
Beijing, China
“5 star homestay, highly recommended!!”
Reviewed 22 February 2016 for a stay in November 2015

This is my third time stayed with os family, I was very happy to bring my mother along with me for this trip.

My mother and I had good times with Os family as they were too happy to see me again. Good location in the center, you can walk to Melacca central bus station. The room is big and clean and very good home made Malay-Arabian food to enjoy! 5 star home stay in Melacca!

Muhammad...
“Great cultural exchange and food with friendly family”
Reviewed 3 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

My short trip to Melaka was the highlight of my trip to Malaysia. It was an ideal opportunity to stay in a typical Malaysian home, learn to cook (and eat!) Malay/Arab food and to just spend time with a very warm and welcoming Malaysian family.

Started the day with a typical Malaysian breakfast, delicous, served by Os. The family helped me with local information and its fascinating listening to Os talk about Malaysian life.

The house is located near the river a few minutes from the main coach station and amenities are close by. Os introduced me to a very nice restaurant frequented by locals, its walking distance.

The cooking course was well run and very engaging. And afterwards Os and his family served us the delicious 7 course meal, ate with us and gave us food to take away. And finally his son was happy to drop guests off at the coach station.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing