“Great cosy place”
other travellers have booked this property
June 2015. UPDATE.. Flooring has changed the hub sept 2013
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
June 2015. UPDATE.. Flooring has changed
the hub sept 2013
front gate ( entrance to courtyard and garden) AUG'13: GREEN NET REMOVED!
front gate ( peekaboo to paved courtyard and front verandah)green net removed
new lawn...Oct 2014..garden much more mature now and lawn sadly parched
lush
front verandah
sofa bed. UPDATE. New sofa bed.
sweet n simple
zzzz :) with air con
fully fitted( coffee filter on request)
er...:)
bathroom window
garden pre new lawn.Oct 2014..shade has been removed. UPDATE 2017..garden much more mature now
can you see it ?:)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 14 reviews

Reviews from our community

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

Date of stay: December 2016
6 Apr 2017
So very saddened to read this review. During your stay ,whenever asked ,you said you were happy staying there and pleased with the maid too. The flat had been painted a couple of weeks before you arrived .
I have a couple of antique,sentimental pieces of furniture there like the rocking chair etc which I have chosen on purpose because I like the rustic touch and all other guests who have stayed love its cottagey charm.
The kettle (less than a year old and from the UK) broke down 2 days before you left. It would probably have been a fuse. Because of the voltage fluctuation in Goa , things have to be replaced often. I have an inverter to cope with the frequent power cuts so at least guests have the TV and a light and fan working. As I had open heart surgery 2 weeks ago and for the duration of your stay was unwell, I hired a friend/manager to be present for you. I never met you and regret that, as I like to have a hands on approach to ensure guests are comfortable, however Lunell I know does an exemplary job in my absence. She offered to replace the kettle with my own kettle but you declined the offer saying it was only for 2 days and you’d manage.If it is just a fuse , then the kettle will be repaired. If not, of course a new one will be purchased. More like 20 quid. Unfortunately electrical items are a lot more expensive here than in the UK and yes I would try and get it repaired first. I don’t subscribe to the ‘lets fill up the landfills and all choke to death ‘ unaware attitude that prevails so strongly in the West . I try to be greenly conscious.

You say items were forever breaking down ? How bizarre. Why would you choose to lie so ? You contacted me to say the washing machine was shaking and not draining properly. I immediately contacted the company and an engineer was due to visit the next day. In my welcome notes that you signed, it mentions the washing machine sometimes plays up because of the voltage situation in the state of Goa. This is beyond my control. I re mentioned the type of soap to be used ( A full box of soap and bottle of conditioner was left for you) The next morning you wrote to me and said to cancel the engineer as the machine was fine now.
The only other complaint you made was in your final week when you told Lunell your chocolates were still soft in the fridge. She immediately contacted LG ( the fridge is 4 years old) and the engineer turned up the next day and said the fridge needed defrosting and had to be switched off for the day. You said you were fine with that and have been offered compensation for any food loss.
All 3 ( the kettle and the fridge in your final week and the temporary washing machine issue) ‘breakdowns’ were dealt with promptly and efficiently. Sadly, however well maintained, it is still a 3rd world tropical resort , 3 minutes from the beach and with frequent power loss and swinging voltage ,so things do happen but we ensure we deal with any issue swiftly.

Some new saucepans were purchased a couple of weeks before you arrived. All you had to do was ask if you needed extra cutlery or crockery and I would have provided it. As guests usually stay just a couple of weeks, they tend not to entertain. All you had to do was ask. If it is possible then I do oblige.I didn’t check the house unfortunately before you moved in due to ill health but Lunell is aware of my high standards and filled in for me.

Re Brexit, Yes, I did mention I would be losing 20 % because of the exchange rate. In face I received 1,000 GBP less than what you paid to trip advisor after their fees and the 20 % drop. I still have to pay tax on the net amount. Even at the gross amount I received it has been by far the least I have received on a daily basis for the flat .I was tempted to cancel your booking in July after Brexit .That’s when I mentioned it. I was legally entitled to do so as there were 4 months remaining before you checked in but I have integrity and took the loss as I had given my word. I mention this with regards to what you said in your email to me saying the place was too expensive.The email you sent after you left.

You actually did not ask if the rate covered utilities. You asked if there was a hair dryer. I said I would provide one. Again,all other guests have brought their own . Yes, I did mentioned 100 rs a day towards the electric. There is an air conditioner which some guests’ use have incurred big bills for me. I had that in place but as I had forgotten to mention it before you arrived , when you refused to pay it , I let it rest. I didn’t insist. It was a request on my part.. The holding deposit is mentioned on my trip advisor profile. I have always returned it in full even though there have been damages, breakages and several sheets soiled. You refused to pay as you were suspicious I wouldn’t return the 30 quid deposit. I didn’t insist and.I should have realized then really, with your attitude, what was in store for me once you left .
Re the toaster. The toaster is less than a year old. A prestige one. A toaster is not listed on my profile . I have stopped providing one as people on short stays tend to eat out. Also, after the monsoon, because of the proximity to the sea, a rust like film developed on the metal part. The yellow plastic part is fine. It was scoured and cleaned thoroughly and I had been using it. You had just refused to pay the holding deposit .You asked for a toaster. I explained to you what it looked like ( the rusty type film on the mouth of the metal) You said it would be fine and asked me to send it. When you saw it and it was unacceptable to you why did you just not say you were not happy to use it.. Knowing what I’m like and how I like to make guests happy and comfortable, I would have bought a new one. Yes, I did say I won’t buy a new one as I don’t provide a toaster. Life is so much easier and more honest if you express yourself rather than wait till you leave and write a nasty, dishonest review.

Another lie.. Really guys.. Re the TV. I have 3 subscriptions under 1 account. There is money in there for 6 months supply. Unfortunately Tata Sky only debits a month at a time from my account, so each month a call has to be made to remind them to take the money from the account they hold for me. I have to do the same with my tv. Yes, Lunell forgot to make that call on 2 occasions so you had to contact us to say the tv cable needed topping up..I do the same with mine. Wait till the reminder shows and then make the call to them. Why they can’t just automatically renew is beyond me. They have my money.Each time , we made the call immediately so you never went without TV even though you said you never watched it. At the start when you said you never watched TV , you were asked if you would like the cable discontinued and you said no. No problem. I’ve paid for it in advance anyway and it is a service I provide with the flat.

You said you were happy with Janet the maid. She is sweet though a bit too slow for my liking and not always the brightest but means well. She is given money each month to buy supplies and knows that all she has to do is call if she needs more money. Again, why did you not mention this whilst you were staying there? Why pretend all was fine when instead you seem like you were just plotting to do a hatchet job ( your words) on me and my place? Why all this animosity?. We were all, always pleasant and professional and cordial with you. You mentioned in your email to me that you have lots of nasty tricks up your sleeves that you use with your tenants. How very sad to go through life with such disconnect with what you say and what you feel. I wonder why your profile name is Fangs ?
All the very best with your future stays and thank you for the feedback. Judy.
Ipsa1234
New Delhi, India
“Great cosy place ”
Reviewed 30 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

We loved The hub for many reasons. Firstly, we were pleasantly surprised by the utilities provided here, there was first aid kit and even milk carton in fridge along with clean water. All utensils are provided in good condition. We have never been to a place with such polite hospitality. Both Judy and Lunell were very nice to us and any problem (minor ones) we faced was solved pretty fast. They made us fall in more love with goa. The hub is located in the prime of town so, everything was close by including calangute beach. washing machine and iron is provided so you can worry less about packing. this was like a home away from home. For sure, we will be staying at the hub when ever we go to goa. I am happy that we trusted rave reviews on trip advisor and booked this place for our holidays. Best holidays ever!! Thank you Judy for creating this little heaven in Goa.

Date of stay: November 2016
4 Dec 2016
Thank You so much for such a lovely review :} Really lovely.
See you again soon I hope .
SUBHOJITS...
Bangalore District, India
“BEST PLACE TO STAY IN NORTH GOA”
Reviewed 17 July 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We stayed for a week in the first week of April 2016.
Guys trust me it's the best place to stay in north Goa.
I have been to Goa several times.
But can't compare with any other room rental apart from JUDY'S house.
Starting from greetings us while check in till post check out its a wonderful experience.

Cheers,Judy will be there in again for sure.

Date of stay: April 2016
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
17 Jul 2016
Thanks for a lovely review .
So pleased you had a good stay and hope you come back in the future.
LavinaPin...
Virar, India
“Awesome Place”
Reviewed 6 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I had a wonderful experience at The Hub. Apartment is clean, comfortable and cozy. Comparable to a 3 star hotel only a bigger place. Judy (owner) takes care of all your needs and leaves you with nothing to complain about. Very close to the beach and good places to eat around. I have visited calangute a number of times and stayed at a different place each time and this stay was one was the best. I would definitely visit again.

Date of stay: March 2016
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cleanliness, decor and hospitality of the owner
Liked least: No wi-fi
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
7 Apr 2016
Thank You! What a lovely review.
So glad you enjoyed your holiday and hope to see you again. Best Wishes
ucol
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Peaceful and Relaxing”
Reviewed 3 April 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I stayed here from 8th Jan 2016 to 18th March and i loved it, the house is very comfortable and i just LOVED the garden. The area is peaceful and a very short walk to the beach. It was great for me as i valued the privacy and the large space outside was perfect for the days i didn't want to go out. Shame there are no loungers or comfortable seats outside though to enjoy the lovely garden fully.
Loads of great eating and shopping places just a short walk away and a handy little general shop right next door. I highly recommend this great little hide away.

Date of stay: January 2016
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
5 Apr 2016
Glad you enjoyed your stay. Point taken about loungers. If you had mentioned it whilst you were there i might have been able to arrange something for you.Previous guests have taken chairs from inside and added them to the table and chairs that are placed outside.Thank You and very best wishes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.