“Great Vacation”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Island Tower 2203

Gulf Facing Corner Balcony
Sauna
Sauna
521 West Beach Blvd
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Tina S
Oklahoma
“Loved loved the view!,....just some set backs!”
Reviewed 28 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

First time to stay here, loved the view but not sure if it's enough to want to say here again...I recommend it but with headS up: #1 The dryer was extremely slow and #2 there's no option to turn off the alarm(when the clothes are done) so the first night we learned the hard way. I woke up at 2 am to the dryer going off like an alarm clock. It took an average of 2hours for a medium size load to get done, no towels just clothes. shorts, tanks, bathing suits, etc. #3 the Air flow to 2nd master bed room is not that good we woke up hot a few times while others were freezing.??? #4 Also the bathroom in the 2nd master doesn't have a separate switch for the fan, so if the lights on so is the fan, being a woman trying to get ready and especially while my husband was sleeping the fan was too loud and annoying. I was constantly having to pack my stuff back in forth to other places to get ready. #5 the GLASS TOP to the kitchen is not attached to the table so you constantly have to keep that in mind! #6 The indoor pool room and exercise room obviously are forgotten about when it comes to cleaning, the pool it self was nice but felt like I needed to keep my flip flops on because the floors had gross black stuff all over the place. Also the windows, need to be cleaned! It would be nice to enjoy the view of the beach like intended for the windows in the pool room but they are horrible! Same with the exercise room. *A word of advice, check in early or pretty late. We got there at 3:30 and the wait for the elevator was crazy long, there's only 2 elevators and no air in them, the average wait was at least 30-45 mins if you could fit in there if not you had to wait. Part of our group was 1.5hrs behind us getting into the room. If you have lift kit on your truck, the parking here is not for you and anyways its a tight fit especially if you have to park anywhere other than the ground parking. The turns on the garage ramps are horrible! Unless you drive a Prius expect to go at the turns at least twice every time you leave.... they really need to adjust the walls right there, you could see all the marks left on the walls on the exit ramps, you couldn't help but feel bad for those people. I could not imagine going on vacation and something happen to my vehicle because the exit ramp walls..ugh. Well I say I would stay here again but I maybe talking myself out of it, lol. just too many things you don't want to have to worry about while on vacation. There's not much they can do about elevators but I feel everything else can be fixed and would be an investment move for the property.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Reviewed 19 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
22 Jun 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Young's Suncoast and Island Tower 2203! We are thrilled that your experience was a stellar one. We look forward to serving you again soon!
SandyM777...
Nashville, Tennessee
“Found live bed bug on bed after 1 night”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

There was a review from March 2014 on Trip Advisor stating there were bed bugs in this unit. We saw it after we rented the unit. We called Young's Suncoast (property managers) and the lady who answered assured us they had no reports of bed bugs. Upon arrival, we saw bedbug encasements on the beds, so I did a check for bugs, spots on sheets, etc. and it seemed ok.However, the next morning (after 1 night) I woke up and did a quick bed check and a live adult bed bug was crawling under my pillow. Another in our party had a bite on her back. Needless to say, we weren't staying there any longer and were totally freaked out. We called Young's Suncoast who sent a manager over who verified it was a bed bug. We dried all of our clothes, in the hopes of killing any bugs, and bagged them in plastic bags that we went out and bought before leaving, we sealed everything else in plastic, and sprayed down suitcases with 90% alcohol and pray we didn't take them with us. Young's says a pest control company couldn't find any evidence of bed bugs after we left, but one live bed bug on the bed was enough evidence for us. We don't have bed bugs at our houses, so we certainly didn't bring it with us. If we were scamming them, we would have stayed all week and then complained. We called early after one night and asked for a full refund and help finding another unit. They didn't have any comparable units - none directly on the beach and would have split our party into 2 different complexes. So, we were stuck finding our own new place - further away from the heart of Gulf Shores and more expensive, of course. We had to battle with Young's Suncoast but eventually they agreed on a full refund. We realize it's a business and they won't admit to the bed bugs, but I use Trip Advisor to scope out hotels, (just didn't realize vacation rentals were on here, also) so I feel obligated to warn innocent fellow travelers. I do feel bad for the owner, who obviously has treated and tried to get rid of them, but I feel more for those travelers who pay good money only to have their vacations ruined like ours was. It is a lovely unit and has an incredible view, but there is no way I will stay anywhere I see a bed bug. That trumps everything good about the unit.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
6 Feb 2015
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, although it was an unfortunate experience. We strive to provide the best service and vacation experience on the island. After the report was made regarding the bed bugs, Young's Sun Coast promptly had a professional pest control company come out and did a thorough inspection and could not find any bed bugs. However, as the management company and to protect our future guests and owners, We had the unit treated and monitored for one month through the pest control company. The unit has been deep cleaned, all bedding and upholstery have been professional cleaned and sanitized. We go above and beyond to reassure our guests and owners that their stay will be the best it can be, within our control. We build our business on return customers and apologize for the inconvenience during your stay with us. We stand behind our work and assure you that your next stay with us will be what you expected from the last. Again, Thank you for sharing and we look forward to seeing you again on the sugar white sands. KMarti, Guest Services
iowa city
Reviewed 20 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Lake Charles
Reviewed 23 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;