“Our 1st visit”

OWA
Ranked #4 of 20 things to do in Foley
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: OWA (oh-wah) is an award-winning resort destination on Alabama's beautiful Gulf Coast. Centered on a 14-acre lake, the name “OWA” is inspired by the Muscogee Indian term for “water.” The proximity to Alabama’s sugar white beaches makes OWA an ideal center point for your Alabama Gulf Coast vacation. The Park at OWA (admission required), a 21-ride amusement park located on the 520-acre property, features rides for all ages from kiddie to family-friendly to the thrilling Rollin’ Thunder roller coaster. OWA’s Downtown District (outside of the amusement park gates and FREE to access) features a variety of restaurants, activities and shopping opportunities — including celebrity-owned Wahlburgers, a state-of-the-art arcade, and so much more! The on-site, 150-room Marriott TownePlace Suites is the perfect way to experience the resort destination. Come experience exciting events throughout OWA and on its 1.5 acre island in the middle of the picturesque lake.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was our 1st visit there and we loved every single minute! The park was clean and easy to get around. I'm particularly impressed with the safety checks that were done each time the rides began. I also thought it was wonderful to have an airconditoned place for people to sit down and enjoy their lunch. My only disappointment was that everyone who entered the park were charged the same price,even when not riding any of the rides. My disabled husband was charged the same amount as my daughter and i, when clearly he was unable to ride any of the rides.

All reviews
"every staff member"
"short lines"
"ticket window"
in 2 reviews
"great place for all ages"
"six flags"
"pass holders"
"crazy mouse"
"entire family"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We took our grands, ages 9 and 4 during the twighlight hours special. There was no waiting in lines and the boys rode all they wanted, The Park is very clean and well kept. There were not many people there; hope the Park makes it!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We only live about an hour away and decided to check it out on a Tuesday. We got there when it opened. Stayed about 2 hours. It never got busy. Rode almost all the rides and played at the Splah pad. It's good for an afternoon if you live nearby or are already visiting the area, but I definitely wouldn't make this a family vacation destination in itself. I would absolutely go back, but probably in the fall/spring. The day we picked had a Realfeel temp of 104.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My kids 9, 7 and 3 all loved this park. My husband and I really enjoyed it was well. We all rode the rolling thunder roller coaster except the 3 year old of course and it was a blast!! My daughter says best ride ever! The park is very clean and all the workers are very friendly and accommodating. There was lots for the 3 year old as well his favorite was the frogging ride. We ate a Whalbergers there in OWA which was also good. It is going to just grow and grow, great set up.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We bout tickets online using code summer7 and paid only $27.99 each. The park is still very new and pretty much unknown, so there was no waiting to get on rides. My kids are ages 10-22, and there were rides to suit them all. Most of the kiddie rides are large enough for adults to ride with the kids as well. The only ride I don’t recommend is the Rollin’ Thunder. It bangs the left side of your head very hard against a bar and I also got a bad bruise on my right elbow.
The park was very clean and there were restrooms everywhere. There is an air conditioned dining area you can use to cool down, as well as a splash-pad.