“Good food”

Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Description: Old 27 Grill is a casual dining restaurant located on old County Road 27 in Fairhope, Alabama. We open at 11am Mon-Fri & 10:30 am Sat & Sun. We serve lunch and dinner 7 days a week. We have 27 beers and wines and serve the best Burgers, Hot Dogs and House Cured and Smoked Bacon on the Eastern Shore with 27 toppings to choose from. Our outdoor patio is perfect for groups and families. Drop in and see us out on old County Road 27. We offer full service if your request to be waited on or you may order from the counter in the store for casual dining.h
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stopped in for an early dinner since we would not have a chance to eat later. They have a combination of seating inside, outside and a couple tables by the bar. We have been here a few times and have had good experiences. The burgers are very good so I'm surprised at a couple of the reviews here. The last time we stopped in I ordered a Bille-e BLT and it was fantastic! I had the sweet potato fries with it which were also very good. I will definitely eat here again. If you're looking for a fancy place this isn't it.. It is comfortable and relaxed with good food and nice people.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Burgers from fast food joints are better. Not much I can say that is good. Ordered the old 27 burger. Bun was stale and homemade chips were greasy

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I were craving a juicy ole hamburger and after reading reviews decided on Old 27 Grill. My friend ordered the two small "bullet" Wagyu burgers and I ordered the Swiss mushroom bullets. Our waitress suggested we order them medium and so we did however they came out so dry it made swallowing a chore! I asked our waitress why they were so awfully dry and she said because the patties are so small the cooks have a difficult time grilling to order. Well hello! Why not inform customers of this beforehand ?!?! And why even ask how you want them done? So much for juicy! Sweet potato fries came out cold too. And save your money and don't order the expensive Wagyu beef as you can't taste a difference. Expensive for bad burgers! But the building is fun!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We ate lunch there at 2:30 pm. We were the only customers there and were told to sit anywhere. We found a table inside and the table was sticky, even after the waitress cleaned it. The waitress was very good and got our drinks and took our order. My first choice was gumbo but were told they had none. We both ordered unsweet iced tea and black and blue burgers. The tea was bad, very strong and tasted like instant. I put 2 sweeteners in it and still couldn't drink it. The burgers came with home fried chips that were cooked to long and were very hard. The burger was a special burger, too thick to get in your mouth, caramelized onion, pickle, tomato, lettuce, some kind of cheese, and a special sauce. I had to eat it with a knife and fork and left half the burger and chips. Something about the combination of things on the burger did not taste good to me. After our $27 bill, I wished we had stopped at a Burger King.
Maybe it would have been better if we were there at noon or for dinner when the kitchen is busy.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Bill E bacon is really good, so it's a highlight when it's on a sandwich here. Aside from that highlight, chicken sandwich and burger were (surprisingly) kinda bland. The gumbo was excellent, with a fine dark roux and lots of shrimp. Seats outdoors were nice on a spring day, and picnic tables seemed like a good fit for folks looking for a really casual meal.

Been to Old 27 Grill? Share your experiences!