“Food and Happy Hour”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stopped at Wintzell's for lunch recently. I had fish tacos and my wife had a cobb salad. Both were very tasty. We also had a few libations as Happy Hour runs for 6 hours Monday through Saturday. They also serve up lots of oysters which we will definitely partake of the next time we are there. This is a don't miss place.

Marie A, Administrative Assistant at Wintzell's Oyster House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Came here with friends for lunch. It's a quaint place with lots of quotes and sayings all over the walls. The waitress recommended the gumbo and my friends ordered that, but I held out against the peer pressure and ordered the cream of crab soup, It was amazing!! Lots of crabmeat, just a hint of sherry, a little kick but not overly seasoned--I loved it! My friends tasted it and agreed their gumbo was good but the crab soup was better. Then our waitress came out with an extra bowl of the crab soup for us to share--so sweet!! (And yes, the gumbo was good too.) For our entrees, I and one of my friends ordered the crab cakes, another friend got the fish and chips, and the fourth ordered the chicken alfredo. I've had better crab cakes, but I've had worse ones too. I would have preferred them not to be encased in panko, but they had plenty of crabmeat. We all enjoyed our meals, and I would definitely come back to eat here again. As a matter of fact, I ordered an extra serving of the crab soup to go so I could enjoy it for lunch the next day!

Marie A, Administrative Assistant at Wintzell's Oyster House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope you come back to see us.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

You are in for a real treat. The oysters are fresh and plump. The servers are witty and full of attitude. The good kind of attitude. The wine is great and the atmosphere is unique.

Marie A, Administrative Assistant at Wintzell's Oyster House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. Our Happy Hour is Monday - Friday 3-6 pm. Come back and see us.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped in on our first day in Fairhope. Service left a bit to be desired but acceptable. Food okay.

Marie A, Administrative Assistant at Wintzell's Oyster House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience at our restaurant. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to maintain and improve the food and service that we provide to our valued guests.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Food is good and Oysters are great. With that being said DO NOT buy their gift cards. We bought over $100 in gift cards to use down in Gulf Shores (45 Miles away) where we have been going for years. Turns out they closed down that location and they refused to refund our purchase. Being snowbirds it looks like it will be another year till we return there and we will never buy a gift card again. Who knows what location will be next to close down!

Been to Wintzell's Oyster House? Share your experiences!