“It's a home away from home.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
Tanya W
“It's a home away from home.”
Reviewed 25 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Heyagriva was a home away from home and definitely one of the best vacations our family has had in the longest time. The kind of hospitality that was offered by the host, Paulzor, is something that you rarely experience. The homestay gives out positive vibes which you feel the moment you step in. It's clean, homely and the four dogs make it lively and memorable. Paulzor and his family went completely out of their way to cater to our various needs. It's convenient located, just a ten minute walk from the main market, they serve the best dinners at night with different cuisines everyday. Heyagriva is all heart, give it a chance and trust me you won't regret it. Thanks Paulzor!

26 Nov 2017
Thanks Parul, see you again next time.
Susanna R
“Awesome stay with Paulzor”
Reviewed 6 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

So I highly recommend Paulzors homestay. It is located 10 min by foot to the city center. The walk is really nice too. Besides, the view on the mountains is amazing, you get a beautiful sunrise there. The place itself is clean and nicely furnished. The apartment gives a homely feeling, you get freshly cooked food for breakfast and dinner and the dogs are really cute also. It's quiet and The blankets are amazing. Paulzor is the best host, he's nice and funny and takes interest in his guests. He told us a lot about the culture of darjeeling and even surprised us with god of luck and protection. He gave us advice where to go (he has a selfmade tourist map) and organized our stay from the airport of bagdogra until our next stop (Gangtok), thanks again!

10 Nov 2017
THANKS,HOPE I CAN SERVE YOU MORE IN FUTURE.
Doug A
“Darjeeling Homestay with Paulzor”
Reviewed 29 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

Paulzor and his family run this lovely homestay located in Darjeeling. Without a doubt, he will ensure that you get the best out of your travel experience in the mountains. Paulzor is professional and personable. My brother and I enjoyed hearing his trekking and Darjeeling history stories. His place is located a short 10 minute walk from the core of the city, and has everything you need.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
1 Nov 2017
Thank you Dough for wonderful review and I would recommend Doug & his brother to host anywhere , they are very good & friendly guest. We will see you someday again.
Wayfarer...
Xi'an, China
“A memorable and wonderful experience.”
Reviewed 23 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

For some reasons, I might not have a chance to visit Darjeeling, luckily, I went there finally. Thank Paulzor, he really did a lot to make sure my short stay goes well. From the pick up at the airport on, I knew it must be a wonderful journey.

Paulzor and his family are very kind hearted, they made me feel very welcome, like I was not a guest, but a member of them. I did not know why, when I met them, I felt at ease. During my stay, Paulzor’s family cooked very tasty and sumptuous breakfast and dinner. Stayed with them was a feeling of staying at home.

The room I lived was very cozy, the facilities in the room met my basic needs, there were Wi-Fi, soft bed, warm quilts… I could take a hot shower when I finished my day. Actually, Paulzor’s house is not at the center of Darjeeling, but it just took me less than 10 minutes to walk to the center square. We lived in the street where Tenzing Norgay lived before. And thanks to the location, it was not noisy and crowed, instead, it had broad horizon, I just felt relaxed and peaceful when I stayed at the room to have a rest. I could see the marvellous sunrise in my room or on the balcony. Sometimes, all I wanted to do was just sit on the balcony to enjoy the bright sunshine, the blue sky, the white clouds, the breezing wind, the green mountains, the fresh air, the quiet moonlight…

Paulzor was like an old friend when I met him at first sight. He told me many things about Darjeeling, mountain climbing, Tenzing Norgay… Besides the topic of travel, we also talked about life, family, work… We are almost at the same age, but Paulzor knew more than me, he really taught me a lot. Yes, he is a master, I admire him very much, ha:). I will miss the time we spent on chatting in the morning with the beam of sunshine.

There is one more thing I need to mention, though I held the unique handmade map Paulzor gave me, I still got lost when I left the train station to my next destination, the classic scene in “Barfi!”. Suddenly, Paulzor appeared by riding his motorbike, just like one film episode. And then, he drove me to the zoo.

Because of the movie “The Darjeeling Limited”, I knew the name of Darjeeling. Then because of the movie “Barfi!”, I knew the scenery of Darjeeling and began to make a plan to travel to Darjeeling. When I come back to Darjeeling again one day, the reason must be Paulzor.

So, I sincerely recommend Paulzor’s homestay to anyone who wants to have a trip in Darjeeling, it will be your best choice and experience.

P.S. My friend, just keep looking up after it rains. See you one day in Xi'an/Darjeeling again!

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
25 Oct 2017
Thank you my friend Wayfarer, you every word means to me a lot.
See you again someday
srb_blr
Bengaluru, India
“Pocket friendly homestay in Darjeeling with good service and amazing view”
Reviewed 1 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

Stayed there in May 2017 for 3 days.

My plan to visit Darjeeling with family was made in last moments and May being the busy tourist season, most of the hotels were either full or over-priced.

This is when TripAdvisor suggested me this homestay. From the looks of it, it looked decent and was in price range.
So, took a leap of faith after reading few reviews and booked it.

The road to reach this place was not so comfortable due to a small stretch of bad road but the owner, Paulzor, mentioned that it will be constructed sometime this year.
This homestay is located around 10-15 minutes walk from the Darjeeling town centre(chowrasta) and is not remotely located.

The rooms to stay were on the 4th floor of his house where there is a balcony attached to it. View from balcony was amazing and one can sit there sipping on tea all day long enjoying the view.

Rooms were very clean and neatly maintained. There are overall 3 rooms to accommodate 6 travellers in this guesthouse.
There is one toilet + bathroom and another only toilet available to be shared inside. The size of bathrooms could have been slightly bigger cause they felt a little inadequate at times.

Breakfast was provided complimentary and they also arranged lunch/dinner for 200 INR per person.

We had dinner on all three days but were never disappointed with the food. Being a spicy eating north Indian, their food was bit bland for my taste buds but that doesn't mean that I didn't like them.

They have a small working kitchen also set up on the floor for the travellers to prepare their own food. We mostly used it to prepare tea for ourselves.

Paulzor was very helpful during our stay and helped us with our itinerary. He suggested places to visit and places to skip. He even recommended a tea shop to buy good quality tea leaves.

Also, Paulzor arranged all the taxi which we needed, on a very reasonable price. He arranged a taxi from New Jalpaiguri to Darjeeling, taxi for local Darjeeling sight seeing, a taxi for our transfer to Gangtok, local sightseeing in Gangtok, taxi and permits for Nathula Pass, and finally, return from Gangtok to New Jalpaiguri.

Their cook and helper, Nima, was very polite and talkative. He told us many stories about old Darjeeling, discussed local politics and much more. He was very courteous and kept my family members very happy.

Overall, I would definitely visit his guesthouse again for his friendly service, reasonable price and happy memories..

2 Jun 2017
Thank you Saurabh for your wonderful words and hope we could serve you and your family again in future, big regards to of them
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing