“Do not miss ”
Review of Up North

Up North
Ranked #13 of 7 044 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

A simply wonderful experience. If I could rate it more than 5, then I would. The location, ambience , the decor , the food, the service - just everything is absolutely the best ! Folks who read my review would know that I do point out one or two “could have been better” points. Here I have none. It’s roof top - open , cool, breezy with great decor and lighting. The food is simply awesome - rightly spiced , very good portion size and absolute dhaba taste. The music was simple and elevated the experience. The best part is the serving staff. The best, I would say. Courteous , attentive , prompt , energetic and happy. The plates and silver ware are beautiful too !! We went with a lot of senior family members and the hotel team helped everyone and made them all fee super comfortable. Would suggest reserving an outdoor seat. A place NOT to be missed !!!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Open air bar on top of the RainTree hotel, great place for drinks and small plates. My colleagues and I were able to discuss the events of the day as it was not very crowded and loud. Excellent place to unwind.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Food = 5 star
Ambiance = 5 star
Service = 5 star

It will be expensive, but you can expect that from a 5 start hotel's restaurant. But the food was delicious and nice choice of songs made the mood more happy.
A must try place!

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank pulkit93
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Been a regular visitor of 'Up North' specially whenever I have Western colleague visiting they just love the place, roof top, that Chennai breeze, great ambience and the most tempting reason food... But this whole visit was about specially the hospitality/courtesy of the staff specially 'Abhijeet Sarkar' well we arrived by like 9:30 issh something and wanted to spend the evening with food and drinks , and then run straight to Airport to take the flight (regular visitor) but this time we forgot the flights back where very early morning... And restaurant closing timing where something around I guess 11:30 for order and leave like something 30+ minutes... Well soon we realized we didn't plan the closing time, first we requested staff but they seems to be hesitant.. and we requested to speak to manager, and finally the gentleman arrived listened to us patiently and agreed to let us stay longer and we did promised we will be well behaved and will drink in limit ( off course we ordered and need to board flight). Wow so we have restaurant for us and we can wrap our business trip and no need to think of plan B. I appreciate and big thanks to Staff and Restaurant Manager.
Waiting for next visit.
Colleagues from Western world were amazed how people go one step ahead..

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

One of the most ambitious restaurant in the city!!! ♥️ highly recommended for family’s and couples..

Date of visit: June 2018