“Terrible Customer Service”

Ranked #680 of 14 399 Restaurants in Mumbai
Neighbourhood: Worli/Prabhadevi
Neighbourhood: Worli/Prabhadevi
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Slow service. Drinks not up to mark. And the worst part is you need to pay 10% service charge (over and above GST) compulsorily which according to law should be made completely optional to customers based on their service experience. I paid 10% service charge on a bill of RS.8000 which was completely unfair. There are better places in Mumbai which service quality food and drinks and have better service. Not a place I would recommend.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

This cafe was just perfect to our search for nice and cozy place to spend a quality time.

The fish and chips had earned a place in my favourite food list, the batter fried Basa fish was crisp and juicy and the salsa and mayo sauce preparations were delicious.
When it comes to Mexican food, " peri peri" has always been my favourite flavour, and pizza is my all time favourite Italian food, and this delicious mix of both my favourites " peri peri pizza" is something to die for, yumminess with each bite . This pizza was just wow.

Only thing I want to improve is that service should be a little quick.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We were at Lighthouse Cafe Worli on a Thursday evening for a review. It is an average sized Cafe with dim lights and a good ambience. They have some amazing music going on too. The hospitality is good and the service is fast too accept the deep dish Chicago pizza which takes around one hour to be prepared. So, I would suggest you to pre order the Chicago pizza.

Starters:
We started with cheese stuffed baguette. It was stuffed with Jalapeno, caramelized onions, mozzarella and cheddar cheese. This was a nice one but the price is not doing justice to the quantity served.
Then we moved on to Mexican enchiladas. The enchiladas were nicely baked. 3 regular sized vegetable pockets filled with beans, topped with Salsa and sour cream. Can work on the Salsa to make it a bit more tangy and spicy. I'd recommend this if you are fan of Mexican food.

Main course:
We ordered for penne tomato and cream sauce pasta. Good quality wheat pasta were used for preparing this. It was regular pink sauce pasta with Parmesan and Basil. The quantity was average for the price. The taste was delightful and I'll recommend you to try this.
Then we tried the "I need some veggies pizza". It is a tomato based thin crust pizza topped with roasted vegetables, Mozzarella and oregano. The Crust was amazingly thin and crispy and it was topped with roasted vegetables like yellow and green zucchini, onions, bell peppers. The quantity was great for the given price and I'd recommend if you like very thin crust pizza.

Beverages:
They serve some amazing beverages here and we tried a couple of mocktails.
We first tried the Berry sunrise which is the combination of frozen raspberries, Cranberry juice, sour mix, lemon and lime soda.
We then tried the Italiano which is a combination of fresh green apple Basil sour mix, green apple flavours lemon and lime soda grenadine.
I would suggest you to try both of these as they are amazing.

Dessert:
We ended our meal with "Rolled up for tripping which is a chocolate hazelnut Swiss roll for those who get high on Nutella. This desert makes every Nutella lovers dream come true. They claim that it is a triple XL size dessert and it literally is! This one was huge and almost impossible to complete but we couldn't resist ourselves. Highly recommended.

Overall an amazing place to be.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

We were at the cafe a while ago. A small place in the heart of Worli with continental food and drinks. Can’t comment on the drinks front but my review will be in terms of the food.

One pointer that I do have is that the service is a tad bit slow and could be made better. We tried the below dishes -

1) Garlic Prawns - I couldn’t really place the taste of the prawns. The sauce was a tad bit runny.

2) Chicken Parmigiana- the Chicken was baked with a layer of cheese and some red sauce. It was pretty good.

3) Chicken biryani - the Biryani was masala served along with plain basmati rice. Quite decent.

4) Chocolate Swiss Rolls - the Swiss rolls were the most delicious I’ve had until now. They were coated with a whole load of heavy cream and was just brilliant.

5) Fish and Chips - the fish and chips were really good as well. The coating was light and fluffy and the meat was fresh.

Pricing is decent for the food as well as the drinks. A decent place.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

At the launch of @lighthousecafemumbai, this dish is for all the chicken lovers! With an authentic tandoor taste it also gives a spicy after taste! A must try dish at 'The light house cafe.