“Highly recommended!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View from front terrace
Guests visiting Mysore rosewood carving factory
Delicious!, Organic homegrown avcados
Hand carved souvenirs in the shelves
View of floor to ceiling cupboards
Huge cupboards! Plenty of storage space
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Will_Trav...
Los Angeles, California
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed 25 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

My deepest thanks to Hari and Ananya for being such kind and generous hosts. From airport pickup to dropoff, they made my visit easy and went out of their way to make me feel at home. I stayed in a few different rooms, including this one, on both floors during my month in Mysore and all were great. The house is clean, spacious, and an easy walk to the main shala and a variety of restaurants. I absolutely recommend staying here!

DylanW803
“wonderful location”
Reviewed 14 January 2017 for a stay in April 2016

I stayed in the Zen Room for a few days till my family joined me and then we moved upstairs. The Zen room is perfect if you are travelling alone. It has its own private (not attached) bathroom with a lovely hot shower and proximity to kitchen and washing machine. Sleep here was wonderful, so silent, I felt like I was in a cocoon. Highly recommended for a solo visit!
I moved upstairs to the Gold Buddha room once my son and husband joined me. The photos do not do this apartment justice , its beautiful! ! There was plenty of space for us all. There is a sit out which is peaceful and we could spend the entire day there not knowing that a moment passed by! its timeless The balcony runs around to the back of the house where there was an open sit out which runs through to the back where one could dry clothes on the clotheslines. the wind in this apartment is fantastic, clothes dry here in a jiffy!. The terrace is huge and marvelous. We did not have to go to the pool for sunbathing! It was private and clean with beautiful views of Mysore. The kitchen and bathrooms were spotlessly clean. The beds were comfortable, bed linen and towels were tastefully chosen. Some of our favorite features were the washing machine, the huge living room, the sit out, excellent strong Wifi, comfortable bedding, ample closet space, and gas stove.. Not only is it more spacious than hotel rooms, it is also more reasonable with all of the comforts and peace of home.
A 5-10 minute walk gets you to al the cafes, shops and local restaurants you could dream of. The hosts were great from booking the flat to meeting us to settle in and checking out. Hari also had great suggestions about local sightseeing trips and places to eat in the area. Everything about renting this flat was a great experience. We hope to stay there again and highly recommend it to everyone!

KathleenK...
“Lovely Location. Amazing ambiance”
Reviewed 12 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Well, having traveled almost 14 countries over a period of many years, I just dislike staying in any category of hotels.
I love staying in a homely environment with warmth and people to interact with.

I chose Green Lotus for its distinctly charming ambiance, where the place has character.
I loved the Aesthetically done rooms, wonderful balcony, lovely neighbourhood. I call it my home away from home. The landlords went the extra mile to make me feel comfortable.

In the morning, I spent my time sometimes on the balcony and at times on the terrace.
Great location with all shops and cafes in walking distance.
Loved staying here - whenever I decide to come to Mysuru, I will always stay at Green Lotus
Keep it up!

SarahL857...
“home in india!”
Reviewed 11 January 2017 for a stay in May 2016

This was our second visit to Mysuru in 2 years. This time we were lucky enough to stay at a place with warm hospitality like Green Lotus for two months. Located in a quiet area, the apartment was very big, bright and spacious. It was very clean and highly functional. We liked having the full kitchen with gas cooking range, fridge and utensils - we made good use of it and the washing machine. The apartment has access to its own rooftop and has clotheslines, clothespins all set up to dry the clothes which was perfect. The bed/mattress/bedsheets were spotless and of high quality. The hosts were helpful and kind. They provided us with useful sightseeing information /recommendations for cafes and shopping. For us, personally, the location of the house was ideal as the Yoga Shala and fruit / grocery/ cafes were just around the corner. We would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants a quiet and upscale house reasonably. Some of our friends complained that they could not sleep at their apartments due to the street noise, we felt blessed that we chose Green lotus, because its on a quiet side street. we will definitely be back.

Your age range 35-49
Bobby M
“Lovely house in quiet area.”
Reviewed 2 January 2017 for a stay in October 2016

The hosts, Hari and Ananya are lovely caring people, they were very helpful during my stay in Mysore and gave me a lovely welcome. The house itself is beautiful and in a nice quiet part of Gokulam.

I stayed in both the Lotus room and the Zen room for about a month in each, both are lovely rooms but the Zen room is much quieter, unfortunately the Lotus room window is next to where the neighbours dog sleeps and he likes a good bark sometimes, this wasn't really a problem for me but if your a sensitive sleeper it may be an issue.

Another thing I would point out is that by Mysore standards the rent is rather expensive although still cheap by western standards, I only mention this to help other travellers that are perhaps travelling on a tight budget, there is plenty of cheaper accommodation available, maybe not of the same standard however, but beware that during the Yoga season from October thru March, everywhere is very busy.

If it is your first time in Mysore, then the house is an ideal landing pad, I made some great friends and it's great to share the house with other like minded folks, Hari and Ananya are always on hand should you need any help and the booking process is super easy.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing