Central Craft Cottage Industries
Open today: 10:00 - 19:00
Review Highlights
Not bad depending on what you're looking for

So I've been to this shop on 3 different trips to Delhi. This place is not bad depending on what... read more

Reviewed 16 April 2018
njsket
Honolulu, Hawaii
via mobile
Tourist trap-shop CAREFULLY- never cleaned carpet

Reviewed 11 February 2018
HardworkerEastCoast
East Coast

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around New Delhi
from US$112,50
from US$17,50
from US$45,00
More Info
All reviews silk rugs haggle shipping carpet
Reviewed 11 February 2018

We were taken here by our "private guide" on our first day in India. I didn't want to be shopping but they stop the car and take you out as if you are going to the next site on the tour. My jet lag had my guard down and we bought a small antique kilim carpet. The shopowner PROMISED to wash it before shipping it to US. When it arrived back in US, the carpet was filthy. Red dirt/dust still saturating it. I had to take it to professional carpet cleaner. To add insult to injury after currency conversion, it ended up costing about 20% more than we thought.
I have emailed the store 3 times and there is no response. It may sound like a government sponsored shop but they are ripoff artists.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank HardworkerEastCoast
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Will never visit CCCI again Be aware and study your purchases before paying. We bought coasters, were told by the salesman they were marble...the inlay flowers were stuck on and after wiping them down a few just crumbled and sure they were made of soap stone.

Date of experience: November 2017
2  Thank voushe
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Mr Gupta pressure sold me fake opals at an exhorbitant price. I am in the process of negotiating a 75% refund with assistance from Amex. He hung up on me ringing India from Australia. Our small group was brought to this shop by a driver. We did not want to be there and I was suffering a fever at the time. I feel a fool for being scammed but their unscrupulous actions need to be reported as widely as possible in all forms of media. DO NOT purchase from this fraudulent merchant.

Date of experience: May 2017
3  Thank Deirdre B
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

People are paid to bring you to CCCI. Tuk tuk drivers, private guides, people on the street. They pose as friendly helpers but they are not. They misrepresent the destination and tell you they are recommending a popular shopping area that you would recognize from guide books and they lie and tell you the place you really want to go to is closed. Remember, they are posing as friendly helpers. When you resist or try to walk away, they get in your face and get aggressive. We were approached 3 times in two days. We had people follow us. We had tuk tuks follow us. All to get us to cave in and go. At one point I actually felt threatened as the guy started raising his voice and insisting that I follow him. But it was the misrepresentation by a private driver that we had started to trust that finally got us in the door. Inside the staff is persistent and follow you around. We found the place really junky and dirty and left as quickly as we could. There is another place in the vicinity with a similar name which gets amazing reviews so I guess the goal is to keep you from going there. Shame on me for not being smarter but hopefully you will be.

Date of experience: April 2017
4  Thank DHHWWH
Reviewed 10 April 2017

It is a tourist trap. Many rikscha drivers get a commission to bring you there. They all claim that this is an official,state driven institution. Be careful.

Date of experience: April 2017