Central Craft Cottage Industries
Open today: 10:00 - 19:00
Review Highlights
Not bad depending on what you're looking for

So I've been to this shop on 3 different trips to Delhi. This place is not bad depending on what... read more

Reviewed 16 April 2018
njsket
Honolulu, Hawaii
via mobile
Tourist trap-shop CAREFULLY- never cleaned carpet

We were taken here by our "private guide" on our first day in India. I didn't want to be shopping... read more

Reviewed 11 February 2018
HardworkerEastCoast
East Coast

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around New Delhi
from US$112,50
from US$17,50
from US$45,00
More Info
All reviews silk rugs haggle shipping carpet
Reviewed 10 April 2017

It is a tourist trap. Many rikscha drivers get a commission to bring you there. They all claim that this is an official,state driven institution. Be careful.

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank Mupf2017
Reviewed 18 February 2017

Good prices. You are approached with the usual high pressure Indian style, but they had some nice products. I took a chance and bought a gorgeous carpet without my wife even in the country. She couldn't tell by the photo I sent to her, but I bought it. It arrived in perfect shape and she LOVED it. Is it genuine? Who knows? Who cares? In India maybe it was made by his grandmother working on her knees for 18 years, or maybe not. You like it, you buy it. They had many great products here==also bought a set of black Star of India which were pretty cheap. Our jeweler we trust here at home said it was genuine, sterling silver and well mounted pieces. No duty on arrival as he valued the rug at $400. Those guys are clever!

Date of experience: January 2017
5  Thank Gary L
Reviewed 9 February 2017

I spent three weeks traveling through India and If quality is desired, this is a place where you can shop with confidence. Here you may learn the difference between pashmina and cashmere, qualities of silk and even dress up in a Sari. You are not obligated to purchase, nonetheless I believe it would be hard to resist.
Being a plus size woman, I loved that I was able to choose beautiful silks and have 2 kurtas and 2 kaftans made to size in less than 24 hrs. Prices are very reasonable considering the quality. (Fixed price which means that bargaining is not a possibility).
If possible, ask for Kush who is not only very knowledgeable but has the patience of a saint and will go the extra mile to make you feel comfortable and happy with your purchase.
On the third floor you may also find many souvenirs to bring home, nonetheless some you may find less expensive at local bazaars.

Date of experience: January 2017
2  Thank marianaok
Reviewed 10 December 2016

My driver brought me here "just to take a look". Moments later I was looking at some beautiful silk carpets that seemed reasonably priced. Needless to say I was unprepared for buying a carpet, but I’d shopped for carpets in the Middle East and these looked very nice and at a lower price easily explained by being closer to the source. Then the silk carpet arrived at my home and I discovered the invoice clearly stated “Art Silk” with 10% cotton. Imagine my surprise that my “Silk carpet” contained no silk. Art silk isn’t silk at all, it’s likely rayon with 10% cotton.

It is still a beautiful carpet, and now I need not worry about the damage my cats will do to it. This ARTIFICIAL silk carpet won’t last long so I plan to enjoy it as long as it does. Please shop around and remember you can’t trust these guys. Buyer beware.

P.S. The “Free Shipping” cost me $15.99 USD, a small final insult from the Central Craft Cottage.

Date of experience: November 2016
4  Thank John D
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

A pleasant surprise in the middle of a busy city. That's the best way to describe this shop with amazing bronze and wooden statues and brilliant clothes made from the finest materials. This place is important for me and my wife because we saw the biggest and most beautiful Star of India precious stone with a perfect four arm star shining brightly on it. An amazing experience

Date of experience: November 2016