“Very simple Indian food.”
Review of U Like

U Like
Ranked #1 733 of 13 298 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

I was sceptical about the place when I was invited there for a lunch. I've been there 3 times this week. They have inexpensive traditional food. Portions are fairly big. Local bread have to be ordered separately. Try also sweet onions, green salsa with lemon for free. I still ordered bottled water.

Reviewed 13 April 2016

A great authentic pendjabi restaurant, tandoori chicken to mention especially.Straight after Imperial Cinema, just before Desh Bandhu Gupta road. Reasonable rates.

Thank Mahila Utthan S... M
Reviewed 9 April 2016

My son was thrilled to see 'fried brains' on the menu and ordered that and 'the hottest dish you have' (an order he put in at every restaurant we ate at while in India.) I just had some boring fried fish, which was amazingly good! Was the best main dish I had at any restaurant we ate at the whole 16 day trip.

He loved the brains and ate the whole portion. (eeew) He was thrilled to find the hottest dish to be a challenge as every other restaurant he'd ordered their hottest thing, he had easily ate theirs without fail. However the U Like's hottest was the one that broke him. He only made it bout half way through it before he had to give up and call the dish the victor in the fight. He still claims it was good, just too hot for him to eat it all. LOL

We enjoyed the local color and the authentic food, and authentic experience, but that being said most travelers are a bit less adventurous than we are and would have likely been put off by the lack of '1st world' cleanliness standards, and the truly local foods more aimed at local's tastes than those of tourists. If you are one of our fellow adventurers though, and in the area, stop by the U like! (I suggest then fish, he suggests the brains....and we never did find out what kind of brains, lol)

Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

Food is very tasty, its nearby my office. So we usually order takeaways. But every 3-4 months they increase prices & reduce quantity.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was advised by some locals to visit this hole-in-the-wall restaurant. This amazing place serves authentic Indian food. Both vegetarian as non-vegetarian. I've eaten myself sick on their mouthwatering Rogan Josh.