All reviews hazrat nizamuddin budget hotels jangpura delhi ac hospitality bugs rs
Reviewed 27 December 2017

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. From outside, looking at the outlook of the hotel, I was a bit disappointed. We arrived there during a chilled night at 3 AM in December of Delhi. The main gate was locked & we had to knock it quite a few times to awake the reception fellow. However, entering the hotel, we felt it is not to be categorized as any 2 star or 3 star hotel. After completion of check-in process, reception fellow took us to the room at 1st floor. On the way we understood, earlier it was probably an old house, being renovated to convert to a hotel. When entered to the room (Delux room), we found the room was quite good. Not a super delux looking, but quite spacious for us, having all necessary amenities, toilet was too spacious. We asked for a room heater for additional charge & that was also arranged in no time. Next day morning we asked for a cab for sight seeing & they arranged it in 10 minutes. That cab driver Mr. Sishpal (originally from Uttarakhand) was absolutely friendly & gentleman, who also worked as our local guide throughout the day. His cab charge was also reasonable. I have hardly seen such a good local cab driver at any tourist place. In the hotel, the reception staffs were extremely cooperative. For any support, they were always present promptly. Overall, worth of the price to stay in Delhi. I booked the hotel through Makemytrip & after reaching the hotel, checking their offline price, I realized, their offline price is lower than the price shown in MMT & eventually I paid more.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Inder Beer Sing... k, General Manager at Hotel Kabli, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Hi Sir,
Really appreciate your positive feedback.We are glad that you were happy with your stay & service.Look forward to host you in near future.
Thanks,
Warm Regards,
Inder Kabli

Reviewed 28 November 2017

The hotel and the amenities were ok, the staff could have been more courteous and the food items in the menu are overrated, the good thing is they allow to eat outside food. but the things could have been better

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ersdsiva
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I'll break this review down into pros and cons to keep it simple. You can judge from the title of this review that there are more cons than pros. So I'll start with the pros. Also, to give some perspective, I was traveling with my wife and 15 month baby.

Pros: I tried really hard to find one pro for this hotel but I'm struggling here.

Cons: The first room we were given had a bathroom that was quite dirty. The tiles had water and dirt stains from several years of use. The lack of upkeep was clearly seen. This is an old property but they've recently renovated some of their rooms (those are what you see in their websites). The room we got was clearly not one of the renovated rooms. I went to the front desk and told the guy we'd like to move to another room because what we got is nothing like the pictures on the website. He said "sir, you booked a standard room". I told him that I know I booked a standard room but it's not what it looks like on your website. He was kind enough to show me another room which looked a lot better than the first room. A few hours after staying in the room, we realized the water heater was broken. By the time we realized it, it was around 9pm and we were too tired to move again. We had to clean out baby with the cold water. In the morning they brought buckets of warm water for us to shower. Yes, it was resourceful but not something you expect for what your paid.

Breakfast is supposed to be from 7:30am according to their menu in the room. We called them at 7:50am and they said it'll be an hour before we can get any breakfast.

The WiFi doesn't work well. It stays connected but is super slow.

The location, well, it's okay. It's in a slightly congested neighborhood but it's not the worst.

We ended up leaving the hotel after our first night (we had booked it for 3 nights). I'm not sure why there was such a bad contrast between the pictures on the website and the 4.5/5 ratings but our short stay left us very disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LIBGEO

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your Feedback.

We apologies as your stay was not up to to usual standard we hold ourselves accountable to.

The matter fact was we really tried to help you & Co operate in what ever little we could.We offered you to Free upgrade you to a Deluxe Room but you were just adamant to leave .First of all we like to clear out your apprehension that the the picture on the website are different from the actual .The pictures clicked are by myself & not by any professional Photographer.The Rooms go on renovation as per cycle.The Pictures on the website & other OTA's are 3 Years old & matter of fact is we haven't uploaded a single photograph of the renovated rooms till now.So there is no question of any confusion about your claims.The Room you Got is clearly shown on the various websites.Unfortunately I was not present as I would have pointed out to you. As you walked up to the front desk & discussed about the pictures with the front desk manager,you kept comparing them with the Deluxe room but you were told you had booked a cheapest Standard Room.However to make you Comfortable we showed you another room which you liked & changed gladly.Unfortunately the water geyser malfunctioned in the new room which was reported to us the next morning.We request you to give us couple of hours as we would sort out the issue .We had immediately called the electrician to get it rectified.In the mean time we provided you Hot water in Buckets for you to use.
When you had ordered breakfast we had already informed you that there are heavy orders in Que as we are running full & breakfast will take time. After you received the breakfast you still complained.We apologized & gave you free breakfast & didn't charge you a penny.
The WiFi password you had taken was for the First room.When you changed the room the earlier password wouldn't have worked due to the range issue.A phone call to the front desk would have sorted the issue.You didn't mention this when you left.You needed a new password for the new room.
We really tried to accommodate all your requests & offered to free upgrade you to a deluxe room.You didn't want us to help you & were adamant to leave.We Refunded cleartrip for Full 3 Nights( Didn't charge for 1 Night you stayed) ,Gave you free breakfast & still got the brunt of your review.
We will take this on our chin & accept that we had a bad day.
We would like to host you again incase you change your mind to stay with us in near future.
Thanks,

Regards
Inder Kabli

Reviewed 24 October 2017

I'm the kind of person who always goes by trip advisor rating, but this one turned out to be an exception. We took a deluxe room which had ample space for 3 persons.Except the name nothing was deluxe at all. fridge was stinking , washrooms were okok ,chair and table were dirty, almirah was dusty as well.The terrible part was lack of power backup accompanied by mosquitoes. We had no sleep for almost 2 hours in the early morning due to power cut.Might be a good place before but certainly not now.Food is on average standards

Room tip: Avoiding it is the best tip
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank lokeshloke
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Decided to stay at this place as this was close to Hazrat Nizammuddin Rly Station and had great reviews. The place is a simple B&B located in a bungalow.
We had taken one deluxe and one standard room. The rooms were OK with the deluxe room having ample space for 3 people. However, the condition of the toilets was terrible. The is the deluxe room were either too old or broken. So was the flush. The hot water geyser was broken and could literally fall any second.
The other thing we did not like was the behaviour of the staff. Although they were courteous while speaking, they never really seemed to agree with any of our requests and also seemed drunk.
The morning breakfast was the only saving grace for the hotel in my opinion.
Overall the hotel gave a feeling that it was quite nice a couple of years ago (hence the rating) but however has not been maintained since.