All reviews front desk wonderful hotel rooms are nice within walking distance the main street the air conditioning pool town mould boat
Reviewed 3 July 2018

What a wonderful hotel. We were given a suite that was very private. Anything I needed was furnished. We wanted to go on some boat trips and the hotel arranged everything for us. We were greeted like we were family. The breakfast was very good and the service follow just like the hotel. Ramon at the front desk is a gem, he made the stay wonderful. This is the second time we have stayed here and it gets better each time. The pool is great and a lot of fun as it is in the middle of the property so everyone mingles. This hotel is not on the ocean but it is a block away. The hotel is on the main street so there are a lot of restaurants, bars, gift shop and stores in general. All within walking distance. Great place for families or couples, loved it.

Room tip: Corner suites are really large and great beds. Our room had 3 kings size beds and a twin. Rooms 123 &223
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel S, Director de Recepción at Swan's Cay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

We are very grateful that you had an excellent second experience at our Hotel. We are here to serve you.

We wait for you again

regards

Swan´s Cay Hotel Staff

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

There are not many good hotels in Bocas del Toro. This hotel is OK with some issues. Wifi is poor, swimming pool good. Breakfast is very basic. Some rooms had termites during our stay. This is a building made of wood so you can expect some noise from you neighbors.
Overal ok hotel for a small island.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Staff were very good and so was the location .
However the bed was awful .It was very ,very old .It sagged in the middle and even when tou sat on it at the end you fell into the middle .
Beds are the most important part of a room .I would have been more comfortable on the floor .

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

It’s all about the Pool - Swan’s Cay Hotel, Bocas del Toro

We specifically asked for accommodation with a pool when booking our Archipielango de Bocas del Toro tour from Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica. We did this despite knowing that the tour operator’s alternative option on the opposite side of Isla de Colon appeared more swanky. We specifically visited the Gran Hotel Bahia to inspect what we declined, to see what we were missing, and noted the charming wooden balconies and facade. Despite that, we did not regret our decision.

We were happy with an outdoor pool and lounge chairs to rest our weary bodies after playing in the surf and sand. It’s a good Caribbean life when moving from natural surroundings, playa to the man-made environment, pool. This pool is no Las Vegas extravaganza with multiple pool options (party, chill wading, lazy river, swim up bar), but it was well suited for a modest facility. It met our criteria.

The Swan Cay WIFI, to my annoyance never worked within our hotel room, but what really disgusted me was the bathroom light switch. There was a disgusting brown spot on the on/off toggle.

The hotel was undergoing renovations upon arrival. It appeared that a majority of the island retailers, restaurants, and accommodations were in the same frame of mind. I would assume that it was strategic to complete construction during the low season. It was a little annoying to walk past construction workers. I was the paying guest, yet I felt like I was interrupting. At one point, the water was turned off. Thankfully, it did not affect me directly, although other guests were asking to shower. I almost had a slipping mishap due to wet floors.

We were centrally located next to a large park with knotted expansive trees with long vines, touristy gift shops, and cute wooden clapboard restaurants.

I was delighted that Swan’s Cay Hotel offered breakfast (desayuno), but it was a let down. It offered a full buffet spread (fresh fruit, corn hash browns, wieners in tomato sauce, scrambled eggs, pancakes, cereal) with tea, coffee, and juice on the first morning. It was a good mixture of food offerings, but I felt the caliber was a down-grade to reduce costs. For example, the coffee tasted similar to instant and the juice was a crystalline mixture rather than fresh. On the second day, the waiter served us. We had to pick our specific entree. He offered cheese, ham, or vegetarian. I asked for a vegetarian omelette and received ham. My friend requested cheese, but was also served ham.

Overall, I was happy with my accommodation. Perfectly sized pool with a charming courtyard, great location, air conditioning, and even a LCD tv. If there had not been a pool I would have written a very different review.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

First time in Bocas Town and was happy with our stay at swans cay. Rooms are nice, fresh towels, and bedding everyday.

They are doing some pretty major updating in the hotel now so it is only going to be nicer! Have to give a shout out to Greivin at the front desk!! He went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed during our stay. If we needed directions, help with anything in the hotel he was their. He is so much help! Thanks again.

We will definitely be coming back next time in Bocas.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple