“In 5 words:”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Tangalle Mansion

Excellent
Bedroom ground floor
Mezzanine bedroom
Veranda master bedroom
Budhist monks on the beach
Terrasse ground floor bedroom
Lunch on verandah master bedroom
Buddha statue in garden
Lunch in patio
Fishermen boats on the beach
Villa right on the beach
Hiru Sandu Villa is right on the beach for a perfect relaxing holiday on a gorgeous sandy beach
Our superb bay
Hiru Sandu Villa beach front
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Adam Z
“We had some issues”
Reviewed 27 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Airbnb directions took us to the wrong location -- when we tried to call to get correct directions the number provided by airbnb was in France, so we couldn't get ahold of anyone. We finally found the property after asking various homeowners in the neighborhood. When we arrived to the correct location, there was a group of men sitting around the dining room table eating lunch. The staff weren't expecting us to arrive -- they said they thought we had canceled the trip because of high rates of dengue. The rooms smelled because bathrooms were unclean and not flushed. There were fish in the upstairs bathtub. We couldn't use the pool because it wasn't ready/clean. So all in all, a bad first day and first impression. The following days were better, the staff made an effort to turn things around and did a good job cleaning/cooking. Location was nice, on quiet non-touristy beach, quiet clean pretty bay not too far from hiriketiya.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
29 Aug 2017
Dear Adam,
I already replied to you in private but I will also do it here. I spoke to my staff who told me that there was no issue at all, that the rooms were ready for you, that they asked you if it was any trouble if they left the fish in the tub as the pond was leaking and the tome they fixed it the fish would have died in a bucket, you said it was ok. The fact that some people were having their lunch in the verandah, did not mean that they had lunch from the villa, they were telephone people who had fixed the lines and were having their lunch packet just there in front of the sea.......as my staff did not know exactly at what time you were coming, they thought it was not trouble for you. All our customers always ask for a contact number so that they get the exact directions to the villa and also inform the staff of their arrival time. I never got a message from you, but I had put their contact on the website which unfortunately, as the correct address, did not appear.
People also ask the address so that they mention it on their visa.
I am sorry if the directions on the website were not correct but the address is, and the villa is on Mawella beach. Anyway you came on time and enjoyed all nights of your holiday with as you wrote a very good service from staff during the whole stay, which seems to me the most positive point to mention, as I guess you all were very happy when you left from the villa. My staff even did not understand your review and complain as they told me that you have been very generous with the tips and I thank you for this...!!!
Hope this reply has cleared all what you thought was wrong and that you still will keep in your mind and heart a good memory of your stay :-)))
Kind regards
Tami3004
Tel Aviv, Israel
“In 5 words:”
Reviewed 18 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We would definitely go back!
Any constructive criticism is hardly worth mentioning, this place is heaven on earth. Lakmal is an angel and we ate like kings. Soraya is the benevolent queen of this castle.
I wish we could rewind and replay the whole experience over and over!

24 Apr 2017
Thanks to you Tami, Moshan, Jonathan and Danna to have been just great hosts. It was a pleasure to be with you all.
I really do hope we can keep in touch......
Take good care of yourselves, you are such a lovely family.
Soraya
mrtoosi
Stockholm, Sweden
“Amazing villa on an amazing quiet beach!”
Reviewed 2 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

A friend and I spent a week in the villa and what a wonderful experience we had while we were there. A memory for life!

Everything was immaculate! From the moment you get off the Tuc-Tuc from the airport to the moment we step back into the Tuc-Tuc to the airport, everything was arranged for us by the madame Soraya (the owner of the villa) and Lakmal (our host).

Lakmal was so helpfull and kind and arranged everything beautifully during our stay! Everything was an absolute first class service, great atmosphere palatial but yet suttle surroundings accompanied by the sound of the ocean in the background. Everlasting beaches with everlasting fresh King Coconut to slurp with friendly fishermen.

In short, this place is everything one could wish for!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Nanna G
“Perfection!”
Reviewed 29 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

When I read the reviews prior to coming to the villa, I was certain that the reviews were exaggerated, or that perhaps that people didn't have the same standards regarding holidays and housing that I have. Oh boy, was I wrong. Everything was amazing and just as perfect as described. We had two small children, aged 3 years and 9 months, and they loved it as well.

Lakmal and his team were wonderful and made us feel so relaxed the whole time. They took great interest in the kids, who adored them, and even now my three year old will ask "where is Lakmal?" and says "I love Lakmal" <3 Lakmal and his team prepared wonderful food, absolutely gorgeous food, and they showed my brother how to make roti!

I can't recommend this place enough - go, go, go!

Xoxo

Nanna (and Grant, Loke, Grimm, Mingus, Karianne, Onita, Torbjorn, Ingrid and Jan :) )

onitawass
Stockholm, Sweden
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed 8 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Excellent location. Very good house to stay in with children. Right on the beach and hardly any tourist.
Some local fishingboats ate there.
The sea can be a bit hard though. But for grown ups the beach was perfect. The kids (3 and 1 years) swam in the pool.
Only negative thing is that there are not many restaurants around. One shack on the beach only.
But Lakhmal and his staff can cook good Sri Lankesion food. Like rice and curry. We had manly veg food and some fish ( fresh fron the sea).

8 Jan 2017
Dear Onita,
thanks a lot for your review. We are glad to read that you all had a good stay at the villa. regarding restaurants, some are available but are not advertised. The sea at the end of the bay going to the right is better for swimming, but of course it is still ocean.
Hope you will recommend our villa to friends and relatives.
Happy New Year 2017 to you and family
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing